Arkansas Children's Hospital

Updated May 3, 2014
Updated May 3, 2014

Child Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital.

One interview with supervisor. Asked to plan a lesson, teach a group of students, and was offered job in about a week. starting date was 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked something like: How do you know you can handle a group of challenging toddlers or babies?   View Answer
    salary was non-negotiable.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital.

Quite lengthy, at least 3 interviews, sharing a personal connection will always make a difference, they want to see that you are smart, driven, goal-oriented, have fundraising experience, and are a team-player. Dress as professionally as possible. If offered the position, you will have to pass a tb test and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    No opportunity to negotiate. They use a formula based on your education, paid, and non-paid experience. Be as detailed as possible in your application and include all volunteer experience.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital in August 2012.

The interview was very nice and relaxed. Even though several people were in the room interviewing the applicant; they provided an environment that was comfortable for the task at hand. Everyone was laid back, down to earth, and professional. They explained specifically what they were looking for in the potential employee and asked thought-provoking questions to assist them in their decision. I enjoyed the interview and would like to participate in another opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do I see myself doing professionally in the next 10 years of my life?   Answer Question

Due to the amount of the starting salary.

Patient Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital in September 2011.

Submit your application online, take data entry test, then interview for position with department leadership team. If you meet requirements you will be offered the job. This is a customer service based position so be sure that you are people friendly and can handle stressful situations. Most positions are call center based so be fast paced, on the phones all the time, and communication is key.

Interview Questions
    • In one year you will be celebrating your one year anniversary, what accomplishments would you be celebrating as well?   Answer Question
    The first offer was great.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital in July 2011.

It was in front of a group of people; very friendly and pleasant; focused on patient care, continuity of care and helping families of the patients. It was by far the most uplifting and informative interview I have ever been in. Truly an amazing group of people!

CVICU RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital in June 2010.

1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • If I could work for the wage they offered.   View Answer

The money sucked. Cheapest place in town

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arkansas Children's Hospital in February 2010.

I live out of town. I was interviewed by two people in one day. The offer was made approximately two days later. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • We take care of patients for lengthy stays, and it is difficult to not get attached to them. How do you think you would handle losing a patient?   View Answer
    • The ICU environment can be very stressful. How do you think you will handle that stress?   View Answer
    It was more than I was making elsewhere and no one could compete with the benefits or the environment.