Arkansas DHS

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Service Aide II (Formerly)/Program Assistant (Current) Interview

Social Service Aide II (Formerly)/Program Assistant (Current)
Hot Springs, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arkansas DHS.

Interview Details – Once a position comes available, you will receive a call for interview. They will schedule many for the same day and time. Once you arrive at the interview, you are asked to fill out a paper questionnaire. You are interviewed based on your answers.

Interview Question – When given a series of 3-5 scenarios, you are asked to rank them in the order they should be worker or initiated and give an answer as to why you chose that order.   Answer Question

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Program Eligibility Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Arkansas DHS.

Interview Details – You will come in the office. Sit with someone who will ask you a few questions. Bring your resume because they will want to review it and look it over a the interview. Plus bring your degrees, but don't be fooled by the person interviewing tell you it is a great place to work

Negotiation Details – they hire whoever because of high turnover

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arkansas DHS in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in Dec 2013, recvd a call back and interview a few weeks later. It took them a month to call me back for the job

Interview Question – What are your biggest weaknesses   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family Service Worker Interview

Family Service Worker
Bentonville, AR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arkansas DHS in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the call for interview 2-3 weeks after applying. The interview was held in a conference room at the Holiday Inn in Springdale. There was about 7 other people. I sat at a table and filled out a thick packet of paperwork, information needed after hiring including tax information, background check consent, traffic history consent, etc. There is also a paper with 5 questions about your experience working with families and a couple "What would you do?" questions. They played a 15-minute video and once all that was done, I was called to another room where the interview took place. It was one-on-one. Be prepared for behavioral interview questions. The whole thing lasted 2 hours, with the actual interview portion only about 15-20 minutes long.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time your values were in conflict with what your company's policy was and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Family Service Worker Interview

Family Service Worker
Fayetteville, AR

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Arkansas DHS in September 2009.

Interview Details – They ultimately want to know if you're an honest person and if you have integrity. You will fill out a paper where you explain what you would do in certain situations. You will then get to ask questions. This position just needs dedicated warm bodies. You truly must want to help the children you are there to protect otherwise, it's just not worth it. You need to be a workhorse. Organization is key to this job. Time management to the Nth degree is a priority. It is easy to get this job. It is not so easy to stay afloat once you have it. The hiring process takes many weeks because once the supervisor wants to offer you a job, they have to get approval from Little Rock. Then they can call you and get a drug screen. Then wait again....then it's a go. The hiring individual is very weary and if you sound like a person who can help take some of the load off her back, then you will be viewed favorably. Have confidence. Let them know you will do what needs done without waiting until someone tells you to do it.

Interview Question – What would you do if the judge ordered you to do something that you disagreed with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. The pay is set in stone. Masters degree. Bachelor's degree. Similar work. Everything is the same.

Worked for Arkansas DHS? Contribute to the Community!