Arkansas State University

www.astate.edu

Arkansas State University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arkansas State University

Tutor Interview

Hiring went smoothly, I applied and got an interview after two weeks. The interview wasn't hard basic questions about how would you deal with students if they don't know anything about the subject, how to encourage them, etc.

No negotiation , which I should have done

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Arkansas State University in August 2011.

I submitted an application through their online system. I was contacted two weeks later to set up an interview. The interview was conducted over Skype. The supervisor for the department was the only person from ASU's side present in the interview. The questions were basic such as:
    What would you do if you were given a lot of data that had been collected, but hadn't been entered or analyzed yet?
    What problems have you experienced when setting up a data entry and analysis system?
    What 3 characteristics are key to a team functioning well without extensive oversight from their boss?
    It seemed the department had experienced a lot of restructuring and the supervisor was looking for people with initiative who could be very productive without supervision.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were given the task of analyzing data that had been collected but not yet entered into a computer?   Answer Question

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arkansas State University in July 2010.

Application included submitting my school transcripts. As I had received an "A" in all classes they were looking for tutors I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The interview was short and was quickly given a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Pay rate was non negotiable. However, hours were extremely flexible.

Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Arkansas State University in November 2009.

Filled out an application and interviews with 5 or more people

Interview Questions
    • If you were a fruit, what kind would you be and why?   View Answer
    Great