Arkansas State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arkansas State University

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arkansas State University.

Interview

The actual application process involves going online to print out a form, completing it, and sending it in. In truth, you have to know the professor in charge of the program and make sure they know that you are interested in the job. In most cases, there aren't really interviews. They pick who they like and offer them the jobs. Sometimes they have mock interviews but the majority of the time they already know who they're going to hire.

Interview Questions

• I suppose the interview actually starts when you're in the classes of the people involved in making the decision. If you don't make an impression in the classes when you're an undergraduate then you aren't likely to be considered for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They didn't even tell me my starting pay rate. I found that out on my first check.

Tutor Interview

Interview

Hiring went smoothly, I applied and got an interview after two weeks. The interview wasn't hard basic questions about how would you deal with students if they don't know anything about the subject, how to encourage them, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation , which I should have done

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Arkansas State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application through their online system. I was contacted two weeks later to set up an interview. The interview was conducted over Skype. The supervisor for the department was the only person from ASU's side present in the interview. The questions were basic such as:
    What would you do if you were given a lot of data that had been collected, but hadn't been entered or analyzed yet?
    What problems have you experienced when setting up a data entry and analysis system?
    What 3 characteristics are key to a team functioning well without extensive oversight from their boss?
    It seemed the department had experienced a lot of restructuring and the supervisor was looking for people with initiative who could be very productive without supervision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given the task of analyzing data that had been collected but not yet entered into a computer?   Answer Question

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arkansas State University (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

Application included submitting my school transcripts. As I had received an "A" in all classes they were looking for tutors I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The interview was short and was quickly given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay rate was non negotiable. However, hours were extremely flexible.

Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR) in November 2009.

Interview

Filled out an application and interviews with 5 or more people

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit, what kind would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great