Arkema US Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.1

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Arkema US.

Took HR forever to bring me in for the second interview - The human resources staff extremely laid back they sit behind locked closed doors while the rest of the company operates around them. Very strong culture to fit into.
    The workload was massive please get the job description so your prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with four people it took almost 4 hours they had a set of standard interview questions, prepared. I was then asked to come back again with a presentation and met with three more people.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Fairly standard interview process with a regular phone interview followed by an on site visit. The on site visit was a day of interviews with engineers and managers at multiple levels and of course one HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a specific problem and a change in the energy economy, how would you solve it and implement the solution?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I got an email that confirmed the time of the first phone interview from the HR. It was about 30min phone interview with the HR within 3 days. Then the on-site was scheduled in 3 weeks. It was a very tight day. Presentation in the morning, followed by 1-1 interviews with 8 scientists. People are nice there. The working environment is fancy. I actually enjoyed discussions with everyone.

Interview Questions
    • what kind of working style do you find most efficient?   Answer Question

Site Buyer Interview

In closed is my following resume for the past 8 years
    I have been employed at ARKEMA INC. in Kensington CT.I currently held the position as buyer / engineering support which I do all the buying to support the operation of the building also inventory control and management of all spare parts, with 1 year experience in logistic procurement
    I am very much interested in the position
    thank you for your time in reviewing my qualifications

none

Scentist Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • just ask few question about my status, and said may set up another interview with manager.   Answer Question

Pims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanford, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arkema US in April 2013.

I went through a recruiter. The first phone interview was with the Ops Director and hiring manager. We walked through my resume in detail. Within 2 weeks, I interviewed on-site (Arkema flew me in from out of state). The on-site interview consisted of 4 rounds. Round 1 - VMS leader took me on a plant tour. Round 2 - two VMS leaders. Round 3 - Ops Director. Round 4 - HR. The culture at Arkema is very Lean oriented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arkema US in February 2013.

First had an on campus interview.
    Two months later got invited for a on-site interview.
    On site interview was from 8 am to 4:30 pm. One on one with Scientists, Managers, R&D directors and VP of research.
    Left with a very good impression of the company.

I had read a lot of negative reviews. Talking with the people there during the interview process dispelled these. It looked like a company with a troubled past till 2010 but the company has been doing great since then. Employee satisfaction also has increased a great deal since 2010.

Interview Questions
    • Top management asked questions about how I made my career decisions at every stage in my career   Answer Question

Had an offer from two other places. Was a very difficult decision.
    They also offered a very competitive salary

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arkema US in April 2009.

Reasonably simple. Took 3 to 4 weeks from begining to starting date.

Interview Questions
    • Desired salary. The hiring manager seemed very sensible to the economics of the position.   View Answer
    Brief. Not many options to negotiate. The company is unflexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arkema US in September 2011.

Interviewer asked preset questions that were most likely read directly from a list. Althought, the interview was for a scientist job, the questions were very standardized (ie. Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths? Tell me about a time when you solved a problem...etc...). The interviewer did not seem very interested in my answers and was very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Declined onsite interview because had heard bad things about the company environment and did not have a positive phone interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Arkema US in February 2011.

The interview started early morning and consisted of seven or eight 1:1 interview and a presentation. A lot of behavior questions were asked and many of them were the same. So be prepared well. Some questions I remembered. Why did you go to this college, why did you choose our company, what is your strength.

Interview Questions
    • is there any question you expected me to ask but I did not ask?   Answer Question

Worked for Arkema US? Contribute to the Community!