Arlington County Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.7

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interpersonal skills were great and the employer and I connected very well doing the interview. I arrived and there were 5 - 7 younger job seekers and we had discussions as to why we were seeking employment. The applicant pool of resumes were on the desk and we had an idea of how many applicants came in for the interview. Overall both the employer and I enjoyed the interview and I left with the positive feeling of maybe he will hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in seeking employment?   2 Answers

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Interview

Very thorough, included interview panel with presumptive subordinates. Hiring official gave me several scenarios in which I was to provide feedback. Tried to not let them know this, or that, direction already taken was a poor decision.

Interview Questions

• "How would you follow policy or leadership direction for an issue or program that you personally did not support, believe in?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open & frank.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Interview

Hiring process was horrible. I was e-mailed all the details (salary/benefits). However, I did not receive an offer letter until after the start date! ( Note, I lived in another state at the time) Luckily, everything worked out fine. Interview process was informal and interviewers were very friendly.

Negotiation

None

Public Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with all managers. Laid back conversation where they go around in a circle and ask questions. They take notes and chat as they go. Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not necessary to negotiate. They brought me in at a 10% raise.

Developmental Disabilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two interviews, both panel interviews

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about Virginia Medicaid, specifically, ID Waiver.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations on salary, benefits, or leave time.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview went well. It was a panel of 3 people. Each person asked about 4 questions and really enjoyed when I went into detail with my past work experiences and accomplishments. I was offered the job, however, I had to decline because they were offering a very low salary for a very expensive area to live.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. They just wanted a sense of my past experiences and what I had to offer.   Answer Question

Pay too low.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arlington County in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in two panel interviews. Very easy interview with just general questions. I was offered the job, refused the job 3 times but they wanted me. I finally accepted, great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation...   1 Answer

Mana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Panel

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute in this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair

Help Desk Tring to Move Up Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I wanted to be considered for an other position in the county which I was qualified for but I didn't know the right people

Contract Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Walked into a panel interview. The questions were preconstructed. Overall work atmosphere were cramped and very "government". The people seemed very nice and committed to their job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question