Arlington County Interview Questions

3.1

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Interview

Very thorough, included interview panel with presumptive subordinates. Hiring official gave me several scenarios in which I was to provide feedback. Tried to not let them know this, or that, direction already taken was a poor decision.

Interview Questions

• "How would you follow policy or leadership direction for an issue or program that you personally did not support, believe in?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open & frank.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Interview

Hiring process was horrible. I was e-mailed all the details (salary/benefits). However, I did not receive an offer letter until after the start date! ( Note, I lived in another state at the time) Luckily, everything worked out fine. Interview process was informal and interviewers were very friendly.

Negotiation

None

Developmental Disabilities Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two interviews, both panel interviews

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about Virginia Medicaid, specifically, ID Waiver.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations on salary, benefits, or leave time.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview went well. It was a panel of 3 people. Each person asked about 4 questions and really enjoyed when I went into detail with my past work experiences and accomplishments. I was offered the job, however, I had to decline because they were offering a very low salary for a very expensive area to live.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. They just wanted a sense of my past experiences and what I had to offer.   Answer Question

Pay too low.

Mana Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Panel

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute in this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair

Help Desk Tring to Move Up Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I wanted to be considered for an other position in the county which I was qualified for but I didn't know the right people

Contract Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Walked into a panel interview. The questions were preconstructed. Overall work atmosphere were cramped and very "government". The people seemed very nice and committed to their job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arlington County in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online, talked on the phone, then 1 on 1 in-person interview. Regarding the in-person interview, the interviewer explained all regulations and compensation. Then asked about teaching experience. Dependability and patience is very important to this position. A background check was conducted using finger print analysis. Dress business casual, especially if you are young.

Interview Questions

• Asked about teaching experience at Elementary, Middle, and High School levels.   Answer Question
    • Asked what you would do with a child misbehaving and a teen misbehaving.   Answer Question
    • Asked what you would do if a student was having trouble with with an assignment or did not seem interested.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA