Arlington County

Profile Unclaimed

Arlington County Interview Questions

3.1

Deputy Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Very thorough, included interview panel with presumptive subordinates. Hiring official gave me several scenarios in which I was to provide feedback. Tried to not let them know this, or that, direction already taken was a poor decision.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you follow policy or leadership direction for an issue or program that you personally did not support, believe in?"   Answer Question
    Open & frank.

Lab Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arlington County.

Hiring process was horrible. I was e-mailed all the details (salary/benefits). However, I did not receive an offer letter until after the start date! ( Note, I lived in another state at the time) Luckily, everything worked out fine. Interview process was informal and interviewers were very friendly.

None

Developmental Disabilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Arlington County.

Two interviews, both panel interviews

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked about Virginia Medicaid, specifically, ID Waiver.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations on salary, benefits, or leave time.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arlington County in June 2011.

Interview went well. It was a panel of 3 people. Each person asked about 4 questions and really enjoyed when I went into detail with my past work experiences and accomplishments. I was offered the job, however, I had to decline because they were offering a very low salary for a very expensive area to live.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. They just wanted a sense of my past experiences and what I had to offer.   Answer Question

Pay too low.

Mana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arlington County in June 2010.

Panel

Interview Questions
    • How can you contribute in this position   View Answer
    Fair

Help Desk Tring to Move Up Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arlington County in April 2010.

I wanted to be considered for an other position in the county which I was qualified for but I didn't know the right people

Contract Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arlington County in September 2009.

Walked into a panel interview. The questions were preconstructed. Overall work atmosphere were cramped and very "government". The people seemed very nice and committed to their job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arlington County in November 2010.

Applied online, talked on the phone, then 1 on 1 in-person interview. Regarding the in-person interview, the interviewer explained all regulations and compensation. Then asked about teaching experience. Dependability and patience is very important to this position. A background check was conducted using finger print analysis. Dress business casual, especially if you are young.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about teaching experience at Elementary, Middle, and High School levels.   Answer Question
    • Asked what you would do with a child misbehaving and a teen misbehaving.   Answer Question
    • Asked what you would do if a student was having trouble with with an assignment or did not seem interested.   View Answer
    NA