Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Arlington Public Schools
- Teacher (4)
- Elementary Teacher (2)
- ESL Instructor (1)
- Substitute Teacher (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Maintenance Worker (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in February 2013.
I interviews in a small panel of three people. They each took turns asking questions and would jot down notes as they saw fit. Many of the questions were skill and situational based questions. They also gave a chance for me to ask any questions or concerns, if I had any.
- Name a situation in which you demonstrated initiative. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).
There was a lengthy Interview with one individual followed by background check and fingerprinting because it's part of the school system. The interview was detailed and challenging, but the interviewer was extremely professional, fair, and appropriate. She knew her stuff and did not hesitate to press for more detailed replies to all questions.
- The most difficult types of questions were about describing your teaching techniques in detail. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.
I was observed by my prospective principal during summer school. We later met and took a tour of the school. There was no formal interview.
- How would you implement an IB minded classroom while still catering to differentiation? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in June 2009.
Very relaxing, the hiring manager was very friendly. The people, office, and work culture were very lax and frienly.
There was no negotiation phase. I would basically advise others considering an offer to take the offer and not attempt to negotiate. It's too good of a job as seasonal work to not take.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review