Armor Correctional Health Services

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Armor Correctional Health Services.

Interview Details – Interview with DON
Background check required.
Credentials are verified prior to hire.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Correctional Health?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

Interviewed at Armor Correctional Health Services

Interview Details – The interview was painless. The questions they asked wasn't difficult to answer.

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nurse Interview

Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Armor Correctional Health Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied, but never was able to reach DON or HSA, so had to call Regional Office. Later was called for interview. They do not reach out to applicants. Make it very difficult to maintain interest in employment. You must be persistant and push your way in.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to try to take my job since you have more experience than I do?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. No negotiation. Given very little credit for past experience. Had more experience than the Admin, which seemed like a threat to the person.

Mental Health Nursing Interview

Mental Health Nursing

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Armor Correctional Health Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – Worked at this jail 10 plus years ago with a different vendor. First as a Mental Health Nurse where I opened their MH Unit, then promoted to Nursing Director at another Broward site. Total years spent were 10. BEST JOB I EVER HAD AND LOVED CORRECETIONAL NURSING. Had to relocate after 10 years. Hired immediatly in the California Prison system as a MH Nurse. Returned to the So Fla area 9 months later. Vendor change at the jail, but applied for a MH Nurse position and not a management position. Interviewed with their "Psychiatrist and Psychologist". Psychiatrist sat stone cold throughout interview. Said or asked me very little. Psychologist on the other hand was more animated, asked good questions and I feel I gave just as good answers, I even had my certification in Correctional Nursing and in Psych/MH Nursing. My love for correctional nursing was obvious (and still is).

Interview Question – What would you do if you identified a mental health inmate during a shake down?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Armor Correctional Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Armor Correctional Health Services interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Armor Correctional Health Services employees and interview candidates.