Armstrong Atlantic State University

Armstrong Atlantic State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University.

Interview

Contacted via email then telephone. Arranged interview date. Gave talk, talked individually and in small group break out sessions for Q & A, had lunch with Dept. Head (only - odd). Wrapped day with travel paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one (sadly).

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University in May 2013.

Interview

The department for which I hoped to teach interviewed me in person and asked probing questions to assure I would be a positive fit to teach for the department. They assured I had the experience and knowledge to appropriately engage students in the classroom and helped further my understanding of expectations.

Interview Questions

• If a student misbehaves in your classroom, how do you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a very high pay for one summer course and gladly accepted with no negotiation. This is a great school for which to teach part time.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University.

Interview

I was contacted by the chair of the search committee to arrange a phone interview. The interview was low key with basic interview questions, lasted about 30 minutes. The on site, one day, interview was cordial and somewhat relaxed. I did get interview by the entire committee (5 people) with pre-scripted, predictable questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable but best offer was not significantly above original offer.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was able to contact the search committee chair from information on the job posting and was encouraged to apply. The online application process was a pain, with several hours needed even with all the documents and information available. I was contacted by the Office of Online and Blended Learning to let me know where in the process they were, and when more materials were needed. It was a three-month process. My first interview was by phone, second by Skype, and third was in person. Part of that was an open presentation with answers to questions provided in advance. My prospective boss left me alone with the interviewers in each meeting, and I was free to ask anyone about anything. Nothing was hidden.

Interview Questions

• Hardest were questions about Section 508 compliance, which I had never had to worry about before. It was mentioned in the job duties, so I did some research and squeaked by.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a match for my salary at SCAD by being honest and saying that I could not take a pay cut to come to Armstrong. Armed with a copy of my last pay stub, I got it with no more questions asked. The maximum salary for the position has been raised since then to make it competitive with SCAD.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Three IT heads and the CIO of the school ask you mostly scenario based questions, how you resolved issues in past projects, etc. The CIO walked out 5mins into the interview to meet with a couple of salesmen. I would figure that after driving 1000+ miles, I would get the common courtesy of sitting with the CIO for the full 30 mins.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

I had a friend working as a student worker for CIS (Computer and Information Services) and he referred me to his boss after I sent him a short email. A day later he replied and set up an interview. I came in and had a quick and informal 1:1 interview with some really basic questions. He offered me the job on the spot, even though I had had no previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What technical knowledge can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application with the Department of Graduate Studies office, if you are from out-of-state they will not explain this to you...so you will be ahead of the game. I sent an e-mail to the Department I was interested in applying with and told them I would like to speak to them about a graduate assistant opportunity and that my application was on-file with the Graduate Studies office.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest the department do differently as well as the entire division?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a student worker position and therefore NO negotiation existed for the contract.