Army and Air Force Exchange
www.shopmyexchange.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Very Easy Interview

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews; the first round was with the 2 coordinators of the management training program, and if you made it to the next round, you would interview with an executive panel of 5-6 senior managers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected at all, they were all textbook questions that everybody hates... "Tell me your biggest weakness," and "Why do you feel you are the best fit for this job?" -- BORING!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations - HA! Take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in March 2013.

Interview Details – Complete application, phone interview and based on this I was flown to Dallas TX HQ. After being interviewed by 2 senior managers I was hired and began my career.

Interview Question – How did handle a specific situation when disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – I heard about the job at a job fair. I received a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a panel interview by senior management. I was accepted into the AAFES version of "Apprentice". Before getting placed in the company the trainee has to successfully make 2 presentations in front of the senior VP's (CFO).If successful each trainee is placed in the company based on needs and trainee strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the hiring process was the test given right before the panel interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's structured like the government so there isn't really a negotiation phase. HR has to adhere to government regulation when deciding on your pay. Licenses, degrees, and experience, are considered when setting your initial offer. There are salary ranges and expect to come in at the bottom of the range. Expect them to push the benefits available to employees and veteran employees. The retirement and medical is a plus. Also, employees accrue leave time from initial date of hire, although while going through the training program leave is not highly frowned up on.

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2013.

Interview Details – AAFES recruiter will tell you the third interview is an Executive Interview. Not, they will pull the dullest most adversarial tools in the shop to do the interview. The Executives will not make a presence. A good indicator of this firm. The board of 5 failed to reply to even a Good Morning. After a week their IT department did not have the capability to organize the video conference, so the interview was strictly telephonic, another good indicator of what is ahead. The interview is adversarial from the start filled with questions of what are your weaknesses; and what frustrates you; and sharpshooter questions about what their Finance and Accounting department do internally. Definitely an inferior firm filled with linear borderline, inferior personnel.

Interview Question – What are your two weaknesses or setbacks?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Dallas, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview general "what would you do in this situation" questions. But this was not my 1st interview with this company. The first interview (2011) I bombed, so be prepared. The process was drawn out due to background checks(2 weeks) and orientation, fingerprinting (1 day) then training (4 weeks) which you have to pass all test over material reviewed in class. The atmosphere is uptight during the day due to the higher level managers being present and WAY more relaxed at night. I was also surprised to see the varying of age ranges on the call center floor. From early 20s to 70s. Very diverse and great mixture of wonderful people.

Interview Question – Do you have outlook experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay does vary according to experience so if you feel you should earn more put it on the table. I was entry level with no call center experience so I started @ 11/hr

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke to recruiters at a college career fair. I was advised to apply online and received an email about 2 weeks later to come in for a 2:1 interview. About 3 weeks later, I received another email asking to come in for a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 6 interviewers. Before the interview, however, I was given a 2-page, multiple choice test on basic accounting and company info. Definitely do your research on the company and know basic accounting information. I received an email about 3 weeks after panel interview with an offer.

I was very impressed with the company and the people. They were very professional throughout the interview process and always maintained good communication via email. Everyone I came in contact with were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2011.

Interview Details – AAFES Recruiters came to campus career fair. Received e-mail request to apply for the position, approx 1 month later received invite to 1:1 interview. 3 weeks later received invite for panel interview. So far the experience has been positive... Advice: be prepared to answer questions about AAFES, plan on spending at least one to two hours researching AAFES on their website.

Interview Question – Do you plan on taking the CPA exam.   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR Recruiter to come in for a 1:1 interview which consisted mainly of typical interview questions such as what AAFES is and what they do as well as questions what accounting courses were taken in undergrad. The second interview was a group of mainly VP's and various managers within the Finance and Accounting directorate.

Interview Question – What specific area within Finance would I want to work and why?   Answer Question

Information Technology Intern Interview

Information Technology Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2011.

Interview Details – Online Application was fairly straight forward, though it did include questions that were specific to an employer that has a number of former military members applying. The worst part of the whole process was waiting, as there was 3 months between my submission of the application and the first contact. After that first contact though, the interview process was painless and engaging. The group conducting the interview consisted of the outgoing VP of Information Technology, the incoming VP, and the heads of the security, operational, development, and infrastructure departments. The office looked kind of like a cubical farm, but based on what I saw personalization was welcome. Co-workers were friendly and social with each other.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself staying with us?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening with 2 people. They called back a couple of days later and wanted to fly me down for a final interview. This consisted of an interview with the 4 heads of each department along with the HR person who conducted the first interview. Both interviews had similar behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about AAFES?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Army and Air Force Exchange? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Army and Air Force Exchange interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Army and Air Force Exchange employees and interview candidates.