Army and Air Force Exchange

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Assistant Interview

Operations Assistant
Fort Hood, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

Interview Details – intial communicatons was through and email. Upon arrival greeting was nice secretary asked whom I was there to see and my name. Very proffesional.interiewer asked the same questions as if I was appying for a sales position. Gave me tips for future employment. Was told that I would be notified if I got the position or if I did not get the position. Still waiting to here on that.

Interview Question – Please tell us why you want to work in operations department of AAFES?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – Not difficult you go to the closest base to you and interview with the GM once that interview is complete they make the decision and forward to HQ after receiving their decision they make you an offer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Fort Sill, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

Interview Details – First, I applied online. Then, I got a call for interview 4 days later about a face-to-face interview. I showed up semi-casual attire for the interview. I got a call 4 hours later from the interviewer that they offering me the job. I was told to wait after the background check which may take 7 days or less, then they will call me to finalize my getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – Interview questions are simple and easy. They asked about how do you handle difficult situation, how do you prioritized deadline or work, how you handle yourself at work, how you work as a teamplayer, why they should hire you, and how satisfied your previous employer with your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not yet because they are still doing my background check.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Senior Sales Associate
Fort Lewis, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2011.

Interview Details – applied online. I got a call from the department manager. did an interview, they ask the standard questions like any other job, it's really easy and i just winged it. sometimes they will ask you like situational questions which can be hard but that's about it. one of the things they really look for is availability and someone they can depend on.

Interview Question – how did you handle a difficult customer and what things did you do to help them? something along those lines.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Food Service Worker
Fort Drum, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in December 2011.

Interview Details – submit an application through its website, they call you for an interview with human resource manager, then if they select you you have to assist to a 5 days payed training classes.

Interview Question – do not apply   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Fort Lee, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2014.

Interview Details – A week after applying, called to come in and interview for next day with HR Manager. Interview started 15 minutes later. Walked asked to review job description and a series of behavioral questions. Told a second interview would happen with the General Manager.

Interview Question – What does secret agent mean to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't seem like the most professional atmosphere.

Senior Store Associate Interview

Senior Store Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for interview after 1 week. Set the interview after 2 days and was offered a job after 1 week.

Interview Question – Typical customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Fort Irwin, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2010.

Interview Details – you apply online. Once your application is reviewed you go to human resource office you are then hired by human resource. after hire you take orientation for 5 days.

Interview Question – Honestly there have been none with that company.   Answer Question

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews; the first round was with the 2 coordinators of the management training program, and if you made it to the next round, you would interview with an executive panel of 5-6 senior managers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected at all, they were all textbook questions that everybody hates... "Tell me your biggest weakness," and "Why do you feel you are the best fit for this job?" -- BORING!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations - HA! Take it or leave it.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Senior Sales Associate
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in August 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with HR. and a second with manager of the department.
I had four offers to chose from

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation permitted regarding salary

Worked for Army and Air Force Exchange? Contribute to the Community!