Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.2

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I received a phone call after applying online for the position. The phone call was fairly brief, and I was invited for an interview at the HR department on base. The interviewer asked basic questions on how I would function in various customer/co-worker situations.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an angry customer, how do you deal with this person?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

One initial interview; interviewer had very friendly attitude; manager interview for change in positions; separate applications; asked about education and prior work experience; asked about availability; asked why I left previous job

Part Time Supervisor At Base Exchange Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in December 2014.

The interview for the supervisor position was quite lengthy. It took over an hour to get through all the questions. I have never applied for a supervisory or management position with a company before so many of the questions I'm afraid I was ill-prepared for. The questions involved the difference between being a leader and being a manager. I was forewarned that many of the questions were repetitive in nature. There were only so many ways I could rephrase what was essentially the same response to several of the inquiries.

Interview Questions
    • As a supervisor, how would you motivate the employees on a daily basis?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Not difficult you go to the closest base to you and interview with the GM once that interview is complete they make the decision and forward to HQ after receiving their decision they make you an offer

No negotiations

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

intial communicatons was through and email. Upon arrival greeting was nice secretary asked whom I was there to see and my name. Very proffesional.interiewer asked the same questions as if I was appying for a sales position. Gave me tips for future employment. Was told that I would be notified if I got the position or if I did not get the position. Still waiting to here on that.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us why you want to work in operations department of AAFES?   View Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

The response time was remarkably quick both times I was hired and the process was identical. They called me and gave great, friendly instructions on how to get to the building. The interview was brief and painless, with very easy questions that were more like an enjoyable conversation, followed by the hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were easy. The most difficult was "Why do you want to work for AAFES?" and the most unexpected was "Where do you see yourself in the next couple years?"   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

First, I applied online. Then, I got a call for interview 4 days later about a face-to-face interview. I showed up semi-casual attire for the interview. I got a call 4 hours later from the interviewer that they offering me the job. I was told to wait after the background check which may take 7 days or less, then they will call me to finalize my getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are simple and easy. They asked about how do you handle difficult situation, how do you prioritized deadline or work, how you handle yourself at work, how you work as a teamplayer, why they should hire you, and how satisfied your previous employer with your work.   Answer Question
    Not yet because they are still doing my background check.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2014.

A week after applying, called to come in and interview for next day with HR Manager. Interview started 15 minutes later. Walked asked to review job description and a series of behavioral questions. Told a second interview would happen with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Didn't seem like the most professional atmosphere.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Typical interview questions. Mainly "describe a time when...", "tell us about yourself". Interview was fairly easy otherwise, and fast. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • If you find "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.." an unexpected question, then this might be a hard interview.   Answer Question
    I actually was declined the position, but two weeks later the manager called me back and offered me the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I was called for an interview, which was scheduled for 2 days following. I spoke directly with the hiring manager and the person that I would work for. The interview was brief but thorough.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer
    No negotiation.