Army and Air Force Exchange

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

Concept Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in October 2010.

Just a normal interview. Ask the most obvious questions. Why do you want the job? How much experience I had. What I would do in certain situations. When Could I start

None.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

intial communicatons was through and email. Upon arrival greeting was nice secretary asked whom I was there to see and my name. Very proffesional.interiewer asked the same questions as if I was appying for a sales position. Gave me tips for future employment. Was told that I would be notified if I got the position or if I did not get the position. Still waiting to here on that.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us why you want to work in operations department of AAFES?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Not difficult you go to the closest base to you and interview with the GM once that interview is complete they make the decision and forward to HQ after receiving their decision they make you an offer

No negotiations

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Sill, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

First, I applied online. Then, I got a call for interview 4 days later about a face-to-face interview. I showed up semi-casual attire for the interview. I got a call 4 hours later from the interviewer that they offering me the job. I was told to wait after the background check which may take 7 days or less, then they will call me to finalize my getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are simple and easy. They asked about how do you handle difficult situation, how do you prioritized deadline or work, how you handle yourself at work, how you work as a teamplayer, why they should hire you, and how satisfied your previous employer with your work.   Answer Question
    Not yet because they are still doing my background check.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lewis, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lewis, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2011.

applied online. I got a call from the department manager. did an interview, they ask the standard questions like any other job, it's really easy and i just winged it. sometimes they will ask you like situational questions which can be hard but that's about it. one of the things they really look for is availability and someone they can depend on.

Interview Questions
    • how did you handle a difficult customer and what things did you do to help them? something along those lines.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Drum, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in December 2011.

submit an application through its website, they call you for an interview with human resource manager, then if they select you you have to assist to a 5 days payed training classes.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lee, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2014.

A week after applying, called to come in and interview for next day with HR Manager. Interview started 15 minutes later. Walked asked to review job description and a series of behavioral questions. Told a second interview would happen with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Didn't seem like the most professional atmosphere.

Senior Store Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2010.

Applied online and got a call for interview after 1 week. Set the interview after 2 days and was offered a job after 1 week.

No negotiation.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Irwin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Irwin, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2010.

you apply online. Once your application is reviewed you go to human resource office you are then hired by human resource. after hire you take orientation for 5 days.

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2010.

Two rounds of interviews; the first round was with the 2 coordinators of the management training program, and if you made it to the next round, you would interview with an executive panel of 5-6 senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected at all, they were all textbook questions that everybody hates... "Tell me your biggest weakness," and "Why do you feel you are the best fit for this job?" -- BORING!   Answer Question
    NO negotiations - HA! Take it or leave it.

Worked for Army and Air Force Exchange? Contribute to the Community!