Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Irwin, CA).

Interview

I was already with the company when I applied for the HR position. But I still had to apply online. Received 1st interview with HR Manager. My 2nd interview consisted of me giving a presentation in front of a 6 person panel including HR Manager. 3rd Interview was with the HR Manager.

Inventory Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

My interview was at like 1:30, I got to the office around 1:15, I wasn't see by the store manager until 2. She knew I was there at 1:15, but didn't bother to come out of her office to let me know that theres a delay, or something else. I thought that was unprofessional. However, the store manager was nice. I could tell she really enjoyed her job. They were in need of someone and with only like 3 questions asked, she hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came at the Express 25 minutes earlier than my appointment. The supervisor did not take time, she interviewed me right away. It took like 10 to 20 minutes. She discussed everything about the job. After the interview, she told me that the HR will call me. Still waiting for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose AAFES. What are my goals. Tell me about yourself. Do you have customer relation experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went to the interview 20 mins early and it lasted for 15 mins. The person who was interviewing me was really friendly. At first he talked about the job and what to expect. Then he proceeded to ask me questions about my experiences. Overall, the whole interview was basic.

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. After applying, you'll get a call from the supervisor from whichever store you're applying for within a week or two. Sooner if they're short staffed. You'll have your interview with either the supervisor of that store or the main manager. If hired, they'll call you later that day.

Retail Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview is rather easy. They want to know what your background is -- ex. the number of employees that you supervised -- the volume of the stores you've worked in -- why you left (or want to leave) your job --- name one thing you would like to change about your current or previous company -- what strengths do you have that would be a good fit for The Exchange. However, this is with a panel of 3 people from Human Resources and they are VERY "robotic" in their questioning and you get the sense that they don't know a thing about retail and that they don't care about their applicants. I say that they don't care about their applicants because this is the 2nd time in a 5 year period that, after the phone interview, they didn't bother to get back to me like they said they would. I expect at least an email saying that they are not interested. Also, with this position, they seem to be always changing the preferred requirements for the position. What I gathered is that this is a company (especially with the HR department, that they don't know what the hec they're doing and they are best to stay away from. WalMart would be a better alternative.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview -- "name one thing you would change about your current or previous employer". This was probably the most difficult question. They want to make sure that the thing you want to change about your employer isn't something that The Exchange does.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online(friday) for a store associate position at the Side Express. Then I contacted a woman at the Airman Family Readiness Center who has been helping me with my job search and she put in a good word for me. I got a call that same day only a few hours after I applied. An interview was set up for monday morning at the BX. I dressed business casual and showed up 10 min early. I gave the interviewer a copy of my resume and I was asked about 4-5 questions about previous work(responsibilities), cashier experience, why I left my last job, my availability etc. I was offered the job on the spot!

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with the General Manager of the establishment. I honestly believe they intended to hire me before I came in for an interview. Yes, I was pretty confident. The General Manager proceeded to ask fundamental questions about my past work experiences, where I see myself in five years, and so on, in order to get an accurate depiction of who I am and if I am genuinely a good fit for the position. Definitely a positive experience overall. I was adequately prepared.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holloman AFB, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Holloman AFB, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview scheduled by the local HR Rep. Was 10 minutes early for interview and the assistant manager who was supposed to interview me didn't even know that she had interviews scheduled for that day. She said "ok, we'll just wing it" and as we proceeded to the office the HR rep came walking in attended the interview also. This was my second interview for this position, I was one of the top 2 for the position previously and was not selected. All female staff at this location.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have a problem working around a bunch of women"? (this is not a joke, the assistant manager actually asked me this in front of the HR rep.)   1 Answer

STORE ASSOCIATE - SHOPETTE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot AFB, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Minot AFB, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call the following day asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Was able to get in a few laughs and relative stories. Received a phone call the very next day offering me the job position. I gladly excepted.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available to work?   1 Answer