Army and Air Force Exchange

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Not difficult you go to the closest base to you and interview with the GM once that interview is complete they make the decision and forward to HQ after receiving their decision they make you an offer

No negotiations

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

intial communicatons was through and email. Upon arrival greeting was nice secretary asked whom I was there to see and my name. Very proffesional.interiewer asked the same questions as if I was appying for a sales position. Gave me tips for future employment. Was told that I would be notified if I got the position or if I did not get the position. Still waiting to here on that.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us why you want to work in operations department of AAFES?   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Sill, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

First, I applied online. Then, I got a call for interview 4 days later about a face-to-face interview. I showed up semi-casual attire for the interview. I got a call 4 hours later from the interviewer that they offering me the job. I was told to wait after the background check which may take 7 days or less, then they will call me to finalize my getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions are simple and easy. They asked about how do you handle difficult situation, how do you prioritized deadline or work, how you handle yourself at work, how you work as a teamplayer, why they should hire you, and how satisfied your previous employer with your work.   Answer Question
    Not yet because they are still doing my background check.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lee, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2014.

A week after applying, called to come in and interview for next day with HR Manager. Interview started 15 minutes later. Walked asked to review job description and a series of behavioral questions. Told a second interview would happen with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Didn't seem like the most professional atmosphere.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Typical interview questions. Mainly "describe a time when...", "tell us about yourself". Interview was fairly easy otherwise, and fast. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • If you find "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.." an unexpected question, then this might be a hard interview.   Answer Question
    I actually was declined the position, but two weeks later the manager called me back and offered me the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Andrews AFB, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I was called for an interview, which was scheduled for 2 days following. I spoke directly with the hiring manager and the person that I would work for. The interview was brief but thorough.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Warehouse Worker Skilled Interview

application filled, waited, waited, waited, eventually interviewed, eventually hired

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Bragg, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

You create a profile and apply online, then if selected, they'll call you for an interview. You conduct the interview in the HR building and then they will get back to you or hire you on the spot. I got hired on the spot and started training on the following Monday. Training lasted for about two weeks if I remember correctly, then I started my job. I also got paid for training, so that was pretty awesome.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I heard about the job at a job fair. I received a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a panel interview by senior management. I was accepted into the AAFES version of "Apprentice". Before getting placed in the company the trainee has to successfully make 2 presentations in front of the senior VP's (CFO).If successful each trainee is placed in the company based on needs and trainee strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the hiring process was the test given right before the panel interview.   View Answer
    It's structured like the government so there isn't really a negotiation phase. HR has to adhere to government regulation when deciding on your pay. Licenses, degrees, and experience, are considered when setting your initial offer. There are salary ranges and expect to come in at the bottom of the range. Expect them to push the benefits available to employees and veteran employees. The retirement and medical is a plus. Also, employees accrue leave time from initial date of hire, although while going through the training program leave is not highly frowned up on.

Receiving Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I was picked in the top 5 for an interview, after narrowing it down I got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Army and Air Force Exchange? Contribute to the Community!