Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.2

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. After applying, you'll get a call from the supervisor from whichever store you're applying for within a week or two. Sooner if they're short staffed. You'll have your interview with either the supervisor of that store or the main manager. If hired, they'll call you later that day.

Retail Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview is rather easy. They want to know what your background is -- ex. the number of employees that you supervised -- the volume of the stores you've worked in -- why you left (or want to leave) your job --- name one thing you would like to change about your current or previous company -- what strengths do you have that would be a good fit for The Exchange. However, this is with a panel of 3 people from Human Resources and they are VERY "robotic" in their questioning and you get the sense that they don't know a thing about retail and that they don't care about their applicants. I say that they don't care about their applicants because this is the 2nd time in a 5 year period that, after the phone interview, they didn't bother to get back to me like they said they would. I expect at least an email saying that they are not interested. Also, with this position, they seem to be always changing the preferred requirements for the position. What I gathered is that this is a company (especially with the HR department, that they don't know what the hec they're doing and they are best to stay away from. WalMart would be a better alternative.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview -- "name one thing you would change about your current or previous employer". This was probably the most difficult question. They want to make sure that the thing you want to change about your employer isn't something that The Exchange does.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online(friday) for a store associate position at the Side Express. Then I contacted a woman at the Airman Family Readiness Center who has been helping me with my job search and she put in a good word for me. I got a call that same day only a few hours after I applied. An interview was set up for monday morning at the BX. I dressed business casual and showed up 10 min early. I gave the interviewer a copy of my resume and I was asked about 4-5 questions about previous work(responsibilities), cashier experience, why I left my last job, my availability etc. I was offered the job on the spot!

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with the General Manager of the establishment. I honestly believe they intended to hire me before I came in for an interview. Yes, I was pretty confident. The General Manager proceeded to ask fundamental questions about my past work experiences, where I see myself in five years, and so on, in order to get an accurate depiction of who I am and if I am genuinely a good fit for the position. Definitely a positive experience overall. I was adequately prepared.

STORE ASSOCIATE - SHOPETTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot AFB, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Minot AFB, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call the following day asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Was able to get in a few laughs and relative stories. Received a phone call the very next day offering me the job position. I gladly excepted.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available to work?   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holloman AFB, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Holloman AFB, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview scheduled by the local HR Rep. Was 10 minutes early for interview and the assistant manager who was supposed to interview me didn't even know that she had interviews scheduled for that day. She said "ok, we'll just wing it" and as we proceeded to the office the HR rep came walking in attended the interview also. This was my second interview for this position, I was one of the top 2 for the position previously and was not selected. All female staff at this location.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have a problem working around a bunch of women"? (this is not a joke, the assistant manager actually asked me this in front of the HR rep.)   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Few simple questions. The complete process took approximately 1 month. I received a call a week later with an offer and accepted the offer. Then attended to a training.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I received a phone call after applying online for the position. The phone call was fairly brief, and I was invited for an interview at the HR department on base. The interviewer asked basic questions on how I would function in various customer/co-worker situations.

Interview Questions

• If you have an angry customer, how do you deal with this person?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

One initial interview; interviewer had very friendly attitude; manager interview for change in positions; separate applications; asked about education and prior work experience; asked about availability; asked why I left previous job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in December 2014.

Interview

The interview for the supervisor position was quite lengthy. It took over an hour to get through all the questions. I have never applied for a supervisory or management position with a company before so many of the questions I'm afraid I was ill-prepared for. The questions involved the difference between being a leader and being a manager. I was forewarned that many of the questions were repetitive in nature. There were only so many ways I could rephrase what was essentially the same response to several of the inquiries.

Interview Questions

• As a supervisor, how would you motivate the employees on a daily basis?   1 Answer