Army and Air Force Exchange

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews; the first round was with the 2 coordinators of the management training program, and if you made it to the next round, you would interview with an executive panel of 5-6 senior managers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected at all, they were all textbook questions that everybody hates... "Tell me your biggest weakness," and "Why do you feel you are the best fit for this job?" -- BORING!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations - HA! Take it or leave it.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in August 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with HR. and a second with manager of the department.
I had four offers to chose from

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation permitted regarding salary

Operations Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very long. It three months to get hired. One interview on the phone with a recruiter. Then an interview with a general manager. Then a video teleconference interview with the vp of human resources

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier Interview

Fort Hood, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is fairly easy. If they call you in or an interview, you will likely get the job unless your hours, demanded pay, or something may be a little off to them. You will be interviewed briefly and they will usually call you back to complete a background check.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions actually.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions. Mainly "describe a time when...", "tell us about yourself". Interview was fairly easy otherwise, and fast. Very straight forward.

Interview Question – If you find "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.." an unexpected question, then this might be a hard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually was declined the position, but two weeks later the manager called me back and offered me the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Andrews AFB, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview, which was scheduled for 2 days following. I spoke directly with the hiring manager and the person that I would work for. The interview was brief but thorough.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Warehouse Worker Skilled Interview

Warehouse Worker Skilled

Interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange

Interview Details – application filled, waited, waited, waited, eventually interviewed, eventually hired

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in March 2013.

Interview Details – Complete application, phone interview and based on this I was flown to Dallas TX HQ. After being interviewed by 2 senior managers I was hired and began my career.

Interview Question – How did handle a specific situation when disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Fort Bragg, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – You create a profile and apply online, then if selected, they'll call you for an interview. You conduct the interview in the HR building and then they will get back to you or hire you on the spot. I got hired on the spot and started training on the following Monday. Training lasted for about two weeks if I remember correctly, then I started my job. I also got paid for training, so that was pretty awesome.

Interview Question – All the questions were really easy!   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview Details – I heard about the job at a job fair. I received a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a panel interview by senior management. I was accepted into the AAFES version of "Apprentice". Before getting placed in the company the trainee has to successfully make 2 presentations in front of the senior VP's (CFO).If successful each trainee is placed in the company based on needs and trainee strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the hiring process was the test given right before the panel interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's structured like the government so there isn't really a negotiation phase. HR has to adhere to government regulation when deciding on your pay. Licenses, degrees, and experience, are considered when setting your initial offer. There are salary ranges and expect to come in at the bottom of the range. Expect them to push the benefits available to employees and veteran employees. The retirement and medical is a plus. Also, employees accrue leave time from initial date of hire, although while going through the training program leave is not highly frowned up on.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Army and Air Force Exchange

Worked for Army and Air Force Exchange? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Army and Air Force Exchange interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Army and Air Force Exchange employees and interview candidates.