Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Meade, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a few days, if not the next day. I scheduled the interview with the department manager, and it was one on one. I answered a few questions, asked about their experience with the company and that was about it. I was offered the job pretty much on the spot. Had a phone call to confirm a few more days later, and had to go to their office and fill out paperwork and put into the system.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Not difficult you go to the closest base to you and interview with the GM once that interview is complete they make the decision and forward to HQ after receiving their decision they make you an offer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sill, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Sill, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

First, I applied online. Then, I got a call for interview 4 days later about a face-to-face interview. I showed up semi-casual attire for the interview. I got a call 4 hours later from the interviewer that they offering me the job. I was told to wait after the background check which may take 7 days or less, then they will call me to finalize my getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are simple and easy. They asked about how do you handle difficult situation, how do you prioritized deadline or work, how you handle yourself at work, how you work as a teamplayer, why they should hire you, and how satisfied your previous employer with your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not yet because they are still doing my background check.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Hood, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

intial communicatons was through and email. Upon arrival greeting was nice secretary asked whom I was there to see and my name. Very proffesional.interiewer asked the same questions as if I was appying for a sales position. Gave me tips for future employment. Was told that I would be notified if I got the position or if I did not get the position. Still waiting to here on that.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us why you want to work in operations department of AAFES?   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in May 2014.

Interview

The response time was remarkably quick both times I was hired and the process was identical. They called me and gave great, friendly instructions on how to get to the building. The interview was brief and painless, with very easy questions that were more like an enjoyable conversation, followed by the hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were easy. The most difficult was "Why do you want to work for AAFES?" and the most unexpected was "Where do you see yourself in the next couple years?"   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Lee, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

A week after applying, called to come in and interview for next day with HR Manager. Interview started 15 minutes later. Walked asked to review job description and a series of behavioral questions. Told a second interview would happen with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

Didn't seem like the most professional atmosphere.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Mainly "describe a time when...", "tell us about yourself". Interview was fairly easy otherwise, and fast. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• If you find "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.." an unexpected question, then this might be a hard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually was declined the position, but two weeks later the manager called me back and offered me the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Andrews AFB, MD).

Interview

I was called for an interview, which was scheduled for 2 days following. I spoke directly with the hiring manager and the person that I would work for. The interview was brief but thorough.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Interview

application filled, waited, waited, waited, eventually interviewed, eventually hired

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Bragg, NC).

Interview

You create a profile and apply online, then if selected, they'll call you for an interview. You conduct the interview in the HR building and then they will get back to you or hire you on the spot. I got hired on the spot and started training on the following Monday. Training lasted for about two weeks if I remember correctly, then I started my job. I also got paid for training, so that was pretty awesome.