Army and Air Force Exchange

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

I applied for the position online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview. Had a short interview with HR the following day and received a call a couple days later (after receiving the results of my background check) offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straight forward, if you brush up on basic interview questions and can give a quick elevator speech you will be fine.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview was simple and straight to the point,

Interview Questions
    No, negotiation. They already have a salary set for entry level and it was the minimum wage.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

They took forever to get back to me because of the background check. About a month

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

The interview, and hiring process is very relaxed. The managers (HR and Business) are very comfortable and really take the time to get to know you, and they are genuinely engaged. They make sure that you have all the support you need and do everything in their power (within business means) to get you the best schedule for your needs.

Senior Store Associate Intermittent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in September 2013.

I applied for this job online from this website posting. I got a callback within a week of applying. They called me on a "Sunday" which was a little strange and asked if I was still interested then scheduled the interview for the next day. O.k. So, when you arrive on base and its your first time...come EARLY. Make sure you have a valid license, proof of insurance of the car that you are driving and your registration. You have to go to the visitors center and wait for your "sponsor" if you do not have any access on base. So, call them and tell them that youre there as soon as you get there. When the sponsor arrives you then have to wait if there is people ahead. Then they will take your picture and you have a pass to get on the base. I got there 30 mins before my interview but because I was not told about this I was actually a few mins late but they were nice about it. One person interviewed me and they ask fairly easy questions. So don't be nervous. They were really nice people. On the posting they said that the pay was negotiable but I found out differently. The woman that was interviewing me pretty much told me I had the job. They called me back on friday and told me that I had the job. They do a background check and that took a week. They told me the pay (minimum wage) and that there were no benefits and the hours could range from 3 to 29. I have over 6 years in retail and customer service and there was no negotiation with pay or anything.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think that our company represents?   View Answer

The pay was 7.25 and the hours range from 3 to 29 with no benefits and I know I can find a better job than that!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in August 2013.

easy went very easy easy easy easy easy a joke easy easy very much a joke easy easy get what I'm saying? a chimpanzee could have done a better job. I did feel uncomfortable with the interviewer coming on to me and some of the other applicants

terrible

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Most of the time the HR department hires the employees instead of letting the facility manager interview and select the right person for the right job. Depending on the facility, HR chooses quantity over quality.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee doing something that was dangerous and against the rules?   Answer Question
    They always have a pay range so if you do your homework before hand you have a little room to haggle with HR. They will want to start you at the lowest amount possible. Always counter their offer at least once.

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

talk to a recruiter at job expo. apply online. get two round interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation you feel frustrated when you at work   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2013.

AAFES recruiter will tell you the third interview is an Executive Interview. Not, they will pull the dullest most adversarial tools in the shop to do the interview. The Executives will not make a presence. A good indicator of this firm. The board of 5 failed to reply to even a Good Morning. After a week their IT department did not have the capability to organize the video conference, so the interview was strictly telephonic, another good indicator of what is ahead. The interview is adversarial from the start filled with questions of what are your weaknesses; and what frustrates you; and sharpshooter questions about what their Finance and Accounting department do internally. Definitely an inferior firm filled with linear borderline, inferior personnel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

The interview process was only about 45 minutes and they were very basic questions. I thought it was going to be harder than I thought. But I very surprised and it did not seem like this was very thorough process. I was happy and disappointed at the same time. I had hoped for better.