Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andrews AFB, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Andrews AFB, MD).

Interview

I was called for an interview, which was scheduled for 2 days following. I spoke directly with the hiring manager and the person that I would work for. The interview was brief but thorough.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Interview

application filled, waited, waited, waited, eventually interviewed, eventually hired

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Bragg, NC).

Interview

You create a profile and apply online, then if selected, they'll call you for an interview. You conduct the interview in the HR building and then they will get back to you or hire you on the spot. I got hired on the spot and started training on the following Monday. Training lasted for about two weeks if I remember correctly, then I started my job. I also got paid for training, so that was pretty awesome.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I heard about the job at a job fair. I received a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a panel interview by senior management. I was accepted into the AAFES version of "Apprentice". Before getting placed in the company the trainee has to successfully make 2 presentations in front of the senior VP's (CFO).If successful each trainee is placed in the company based on needs and trainee strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part of the hiring process was the test given right before the panel interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's structured like the government so there isn't really a negotiation phase. HR has to adhere to government regulation when deciding on your pay. Licenses, degrees, and experience, are considered when setting your initial offer. There are salary ranges and expect to come in at the bottom of the range. Expect them to push the benefits available to employees and veteran employees. The retirement and medical is a plus. Also, employees accrue leave time from initial date of hire, although while going through the training program leave is not highly frowned up on.

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I was picked in the top 5 for an interview, after narrowing it down I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview. Had a short interview with HR the following day and received a call a couple days later (after receiving the results of my background check) offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight forward, if you brush up on basic interview questions and can give a quick elevator speech you will be fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Biloxi, MS).

Interview

Interview was simple and straight to the point,

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation. They already have a salary set for entry level and it was the minimum wage.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Interview

They took forever to get back to me because of the background check. About a month

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

The interview, and hiring process is very relaxed. The managers (HR and Business) are very comfortable and really take the time to get to know you, and they are genuinely engaged. They make sure that you have all the support you need and do everything in their power (within business means) to get you the best schedule for your needs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for this job online from this website posting. I got a callback within a week of applying. They called me on a "Sunday" which was a little strange and asked if I was still interested then scheduled the interview for the next day. O.k. So, when you arrive on base and its your first time...come EARLY. Make sure you have a valid license, proof of insurance of the car that you are driving and your registration. You have to go to the visitors center and wait for your "sponsor" if you do not have any access on base. So, call them and tell them that youre there as soon as you get there. When the sponsor arrives you then have to wait if there is people ahead. Then they will take your picture and you have a pass to get on the base. I got there 30 mins before my interview but because I was not told about this I was actually a few mins late but they were nice about it. One person interviewed me and they ask fairly easy questions. So don't be nervous. They were really nice people. On the posting they said that the pay was negotiable but I found out differently. The woman that was interviewing me pretty much told me I had the job. They called me back on friday and told me that I had the job. They do a background check and that took a week. They told me the pay (minimum wage) and that there were no benefits and the hours could range from 3 to 29. I have over 6 years in retail and customer service and there was no negotiation with pay or anything.

Interview Questions

• What do you think that our company represents?   1 Answer

The pay was 7.25 and the hours range from 3 to 29 with no benefits and I know I can find a better job than that!