Army and Air Force Exchange

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Most of the time the HR department hires the employees instead of letting the facility manager interview and select the right person for the right job. Depending on the facility, HR chooses quantity over quality.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee doing something that was dangerous and against the rules?   Answer Question
    They always have a pay range so if you do your homework before hand you have a little room to haggle with HR. They will want to start you at the lowest amount possible. Always counter their offer at least once.

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

talk to a recruiter at job expo. apply online. get two round interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation you feel frustrated when you at work   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2013.

AAFES recruiter will tell you the third interview is an Executive Interview. Not, they will pull the dullest most adversarial tools in the shop to do the interview. The Executives will not make a presence. A good indicator of this firm. The board of 5 failed to reply to even a Good Morning. After a week their IT department did not have the capability to organize the video conference, so the interview was strictly telephonic, another good indicator of what is ahead. The interview is adversarial from the start filled with questions of what are your weaknesses; and what frustrates you; and sharpshooter questions about what their Finance and Accounting department do internally. Definitely an inferior firm filled with linear borderline, inferior personnel.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

The interview process was only about 45 minutes and they were very basic questions. I thought it was going to be harder than I thought. But I very surprised and it did not seem like this was very thorough process. I was happy and disappointed at the same time. I had hoped for better.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

Very long. It three months to get hired. One interview on the phone with a recruiter. Then an interview with a general manager. Then a video teleconference interview with the vp of human resources

No negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in March 2013.

Complete application, phone interview and based on this I was flown to Dallas TX HQ. After being interviewed by 2 senior managers I was hired and began my career.

Interview Questions
    • How did handle a specific situation when disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Very quick. Phone screen. Then on-site at a local base. The entire process was smooth and very enjoyable. Negotiate as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for AAFES...And make it numbers specific.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2013.

I applied online and got a call back 2-3 days later. She did a pre-screening over the phone and then invited me to an interview for the next day. I have no military ID so I went in 30min early for my car to be checked on the base since i'm a civilian. I had the interview and the interviewer said that I would either receive a phone call and/or an email saying whether I got the job. She called me 2hrs after the interview saying ive been offered the job and she'll start background check which will take 2-10 to get back. It literally took one day to get a phone call back saying the BC cleared.

Interview Questions
    • I'm usually nervous being interviewed, but ALL the questions were fairly easy "get to know you" questions.   View Answer
    Starting pay was 9.45 for this position, no negotiation

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2013.

Manager asked simple questions "days you can work, experience, what kind of worker are you, dependable?, fairly simple and quick, lasted about 15 min. If you go in with a positive attitude you would get the job, aafes is always hiring and they open their doors to alot of people in need of a job.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was caught shoplifting, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Central Checkout Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in October 2012.

Very friendly HR interviewed me and she let me know right away I had the job. She was funny with a great sense of humor. Ethics is high in this company. Teamwork is essential in this company. The ability to get along with anyone and everyone is essential! They do not want complainers or gossips.....they want employees with good personalities to service customers, increase sales, and proudly represent the company.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate anything.