Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Stewart, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Stewart, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in August 2009.

Fill out an application in the store. Get called for an interview. Get hired.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't care as much about my experience as they did the fact that I could work on weekends and holidays, had never been arrested and could pass the drug test.   Answer Question
    They offered me their standard hourly wage (minimum wage) and I took it.

Senior Store Associate Intermittent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in September 2013.

I applied for this job online from this website posting. I got a callback within a week of applying. They called me on a "Sunday" which was a little strange and asked if I was still interested then scheduled the interview for the next day. O.k. So, when you arrive on base and its your first time...come EARLY. Make sure you have a valid license, proof of insurance of the car that you are driving and your registration. You have to go to the visitors center and wait for your "sponsor" if you do not have any access on base. So, call them and tell them that youre there as soon as you get there. When the sponsor arrives you then have to wait if there is people ahead. Then they will take your picture and you have a pass to get on the base. I got there 30 mins before my interview but because I was not told about this I was actually a few mins late but they were nice about it. One person interviewed me and they ask fairly easy questions. So don't be nervous. They were really nice people. On the posting they said that the pay was negotiable but I found out differently. The woman that was interviewing me pretty much told me I had the job. They called me back on friday and told me that I had the job. They do a background check and that took a week. They told me the pay (minimum wage) and that there were no benefits and the hours could range from 3 to 29. I have over 6 years in retail and customer service and there was no negotiation with pay or anything.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think that our company represents?   View Answer

The pay was 7.25 and the hours range from 3 to 29 with no benefits and I know I can find a better job than that!

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Bragg, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2011.

easy interview. basic interview...ask about my strength and weaknesses

Interview Questions
    • what problem did i have with a former supervisor or manager   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I interviewed online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview was simple and straight to the point,

Interview Questions
    No, negotiation. They already have a salary set for entry level and it was the minimum wage.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

They took forever to get back to me because of the background check. About a month

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

The interview, and hiring process is very relaxed. The managers (HR and Business) are very comfortable and really take the time to get to know you, and they are genuinely engaged. They make sure that you have all the support you need and do everything in their power (within business means) to get you the best schedule for your needs.

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Benning, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Benning, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2011.

Applied online at the AAFES website, received call for interview a week or so later. Basic questions about previous job experience, education, reliable transportation, etc

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above & beyond your duties to help a customer at your last job   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Even with experience you start at minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Andrews AFB, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Andrews AFB, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

The interview process was only about 45 minutes and they were very basic questions. I thought it was going to be harder than I thought. But I very surprised and it did not seem like this was very thorough process. I was happy and disappointed at the same time. I had hoped for better.

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2013.

AAFES recruiter will tell you the third interview is an Executive Interview. Not, they will pull the dullest most adversarial tools in the shop to do the interview. The Executives will not make a presence. A good indicator of this firm. The board of 5 failed to reply to even a Good Morning. After a week their IT department did not have the capability to organize the video conference, so the interview was strictly telephonic, another good indicator of what is ahead. The interview is adversarial from the start filled with questions of what are your weaknesses; and what frustrates you; and sharpshooter questions about what their Finance and Accounting department do internally. Definitely an inferior firm filled with linear borderline, inferior personnel.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Most of the time the HR department hires the employees instead of letting the facility manager interview and select the right person for the right job. Depending on the facility, HR chooses quantity over quality.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee doing something that was dangerous and against the rules?   Answer Question
    They always have a pay range so if you do your homework before hand you have a little room to haggle with HR. They will want to start you at the lowest amount possible. Always counter their offer at least once.