Army and Air Force Exchange

2.2

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2013.

Very long. It three months to get hired. One interview on the phone with a recruiter. Then an interview with a general manager. Then a video teleconference interview with the vp of human resources

No negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in March 2013.

Complete application, phone interview and based on this I was flown to Dallas TX HQ. After being interviewed by 2 senior managers I was hired and began my career.

Interview Questions
    • How did handle a specific situation when disagreed with your supervisor?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Very quick. Phone screen. Then on-site at a local base. The entire process was smooth and very enjoyable. Negotiate as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for AAFES...And make it numbers specific.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2013.

I applied online and got a call back 2-3 days later. She did a pre-screening over the phone and then invited me to an interview for the next day. I have no military ID so I went in 30min early for my car to be checked on the base since i'm a civilian. I had the interview and the interviewer said that I would either receive a phone call and/or an email saying whether I got the job. She called me 2hrs after the interview saying ive been offered the job and she'll start background check which will take 2-10 to get back. It literally took one day to get a phone call back saying the BC cleared.

Interview Questions
    • I'm usually nervous being interviewed, but ALL the questions were fairly easy "get to know you" questions.   View Answer
    Starting pay was 9.45 for this position, no negotiation

Central Checkout Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in October 2012.

Very friendly HR interviewed me and she let me know right away I had the job. She was funny with a great sense of humor. Ethics is high in this company. Teamwork is essential in this company. The ability to get along with anyone and everyone is essential! They do not want complainers or gossips.....they want employees with good personalities to service customers, increase sales, and proudly represent the company.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate anything.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in January 2012.

Fairly easy interview general "what would you do in this situation" questions. But this was not my 1st interview with this company. The first interview (2011) I bombed, so be prepared. The process was drawn out due to background checks(2 weeks) and orientation, fingerprinting (1 day) then training (4 weeks) which you have to pass all test over material reviewed in class. The atmosphere is uptight during the day due to the higher level managers being present and WAY more relaxed at night. I was also surprised to see the varying of age ranges on the call center floor. From early 20s to 70s. Very diverse and great mixture of wonderful people.

Interview Questions
    The pay does vary according to experience so if you feel you should earn more put it on the table. I was entry level with no call center experience so I started @ 11/hr

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in December 2011.

submit an application through its website, they call you for an interview with human resource manager, then if they select you you have to assist to a 5 days payed training classes.

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2011.

I spoke to recruiters at a college career fair. I was advised to apply online and received an email about 2 weeks later to come in for a 2:1 interview. About 3 weeks later, I received another email asking to come in for a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 6 interviewers. Before the interview, however, I was given a 2-page, multiple choice test on basic accounting and company info. Definitely do your research on the company and know basic accounting information. I received an email about 3 weeks after panel interview with an offer.

I was very impressed with the company and the people. They were very professional throughout the interview process and always maintained good communication via email. Everyone I came in contact with were very nice and friendly.

Finance and Accounting Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in November 2011.

AAFES Recruiters came to campus career fair. Received e-mail request to apply for the position, approx 1 month later received invite to 1:1 interview. 3 weeks later received invite for panel interview. So far the experience has been positive... Advice: be prepared to answer questions about AAFES, plan on spending at least one to two hours researching AAFES on their website.

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Benning, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Benning, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2011.

Applied online at the AAFES website, received call for interview a week or so later. Basic questions about previous job experience, education, reliable transportation, etc

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above & beyond your duties to help a customer at your last job   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Even with experience you start at minimum wage.