Arnold & Porter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant

Interviewed at Arnold & Porter

Interview Details – Rotated session between several interviewers. Each made the effort to portray the workplace attitude, which was very congenial and supportive. Impressed by the emphasis on work-social balance and overall well-rounded approach to employees. Interviews each lasted about half an hour, and the interviewers made an effort to make me feel comfortable.

E-Billing Coordinator Interview

E-Billing Coordinator
Washington, DC

I interviewed at Arnold & Porter in July 2013.

Interview Details – why do you want to join Arnold& Porter? Walk me through your resume. Tell me about your previous work experience. What's your salary expectation?

Interview Question – Nothing difficult in phone interview   Answer Question

Patent Law Clerk Interview

Patent Law Clerk
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arnold & Porter in July 2012.

Interview Details – Within a week of submitting my application on their website, they called and asked me to come in for an interview. I met with a bunch of people including the HR director, a patent agent, the manager of intellectual property administration, two associates, and a partner in the intellectual property group. The interviews lasted pretty much all afternoon.

When I first arrived, I was asked to fill out their official job application forms. After that, I met with the HR director for about 45 minutes. She was very nice and mostly asked the generic HR interview-type questions - nothing really difficult or challenging.

After that, she brought me to a conference room where I was interviewed next by the manager of the intellectual property administration. He was also very nice, but very upfront about how difficult it can be to work with a group full of "type A" personalities. He probably could have done a better job of selling the group to me, but he probably sensed that I may not have the personality that they are looking for.

Then, I was interviewed by one of the newer associates, who seemed pretty nice but demanding. He then proceeded to quiz me, as if this was my oral qualifying exam back in graduate school. I was not expecting this at all, but I believe I held my own.

Next, I met one of the patent agents, who seemed to confirm that the group was full of hard to deal with personalities. He also mentioned that the current workload was extremely high, but I suppose that was why they were hiring at that moment.

Finally, I was interviewed by one of the more senior associates and a partner. The partner seemed to be trying his best to sell the group to me, while the associate was very upfront about how difficult yet rewarding the work can be. I do not recall any particularly difficult questions from either of them.

Interview Question – I did not expect the oral qualifying exam-like questions from the one associate.   View Answer

IP Legal Assistant Interview

IP Legal Assistant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arnold & Porter in July 2012.

Interview Details – The company was very friendly and professional when setting up with interview. They asked me to go to the San Francisco office even though the job was in another location and I agreed although it was a 100 mile trip? They should have been professional enough to answer my follow up email question especially since they all encouraged me to send them in the first place.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult but the interview was done via teleconference from the DC office.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Arnold & Porter in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very long and very thorough process. The biggest negative was that it was hard to work 3 1/2 day interviews into my schedule while still working somewhere else. They were also interested in references further back then I'd seen before. Initially they wanted one reference for every place I'd ever worked -- which was a pretty long list -- including my current employer. Rounding up references for places I worked last at over 10 years ago was a challenge. Otherwise, the interview process was fair and clearly I can't complain about the result.

Interview Question – I can't think of any particular question that was challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – While there was flexibility shown, there was definitely a ceiling above which they would not budge.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Arnold & Porter in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was looking for a more technical BA to work alongside development team.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arnold & Porter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arnold & Porter interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arnold & Porter employees and interview candidates.