Aronson & Co

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aronson & Co.

Interview Details – After a phone interview I was invited for an office interview with 3-4 people back-to-back. Most of the people asked me basic behavioral questions but one guy asked me to do a few journal entries. I felt pretty good about the interview and the HR guy told me they would make a decision the next week. I haven't heard back from then since (now 2 months later). It was highly unprofessional and discourteous of them not to tell me their decision.

Interview Question – Write down the journal entry for acquisition of equipment and its depreciation.   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aronson & Co in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met first with HR person who gave me a personality-type test. Met with Partner & Senior Manager who would be my supervisors.

Interview Question – Behavior questionnaire was odd & had questions that were not clear to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked to work part-time but my request was denied. I asked to speak with an employee who had my job & they set up the meeting for me.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Bethesda, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Aronson & Co in July 2008.

Interview Details – i was interviewed by a kind woman, who was a tax manager. she did all of the talking and i just had to smile and nod. then the audit manager grilled me and seemed like he basically wanted to set me up for failure. then, a staff showed me around the office.

Interview Question – the guy was asking me how to post certain entries that i did not know at the top of my head   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Rockville, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aronson & Co in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with someone on campus for an interview and then went to their office in Rockville- they did not pay for the airfare

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a regional accounting firm as opposed to the Big 4   View Answer
  • Why do you want to move to Rockville?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because they seemed unprofessional and constantly were trying to show how they were better than a Big 4 Firm

Audit Interview

Audit

The process took a day - interviewed at Aronson & Co in June 2010.

Interview Details – manager did not review the resume. kept asking same questions in different ways

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – No feel for the company

Worked for Aronson & Co? Contribute to the Community!