Aronson & Co Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson & Co (Rockville, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by an in-office interview with different personnel. Met with a senior, manager, and partner for about 30 minutes each to discuss the role and any relevant questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson & Co.

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited for an office interview with 3-4 people back-to-back. Most of the people asked me basic behavioral questions but one guy asked me to do a few journal entries. I felt pretty good about the interview and the HR guy told me they would make a decision the next week. I haven't heard back from then since (now 2 months later). It was highly unprofessional and discourteous of them not to tell me their decision.

Interview Questions

• Write down the journal entry for acquisition of equipment and its depreciation.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson & Co (Rockville, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with someone on campus for an interview and then went to their office in Rockville- they did not pay for the airfare

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a regional accounting firm as opposed to the Big 4   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to move to Rockville?   Answer Question

Because they seemed unprofessional and constantly were trying to show how they were better than a Big 4 Firm

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aronson & Co (Rockville, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Met first with HR person who gave me a personality-type test. Met with Partner & Senior Manager who would be my supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questionnaire was odd & had questions that were not clear to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked to work part-time but my request was denied. I asked to speak with an employee who had my job & they set up the meeting for me.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aronson & Co (Bethesda, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

i was interviewed by a kind woman, who was a tax manager. she did all of the talking and i just had to smile and nod. then the audit manager grilled me and seemed like he basically wanted to set me up for failure. then, a staff showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• the guy was asking me how to post certain entries that i did not know at the top of my head   Answer Question

Senior Tax Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aronson & Co.

Interview

Hired for a full time position in 2000 as a tax manager. Interviewed by HR and then 3 partners. Was originally hired for the construction department even though I had no such experience. The partners were all friendly and listened to my experience carefully. In turn, I listened to their plans for my future with the firm. I was taken out to dinner at a really nice restaurant and that was the initial process.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would relocate from NY and would I need my relocation costs paid.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a salary of $85,000 and $10,000 in relocation expenses.

Audit Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aronson & Co in June 2010.

Interview

manager did not review the resume. kept asking same questions in different ways

No feel for the company