AroundCampus

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Project Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2014.

Step one: Submit your application on the web, or find them at a career fair if their on your campus. If you meet with the company at a career fair, you'll do an interview that's about half an hour. Their going to ask questions to see how easy/friendly you are to work with (tell us about a time you had to work with someone who was tough to work with, etc.) This is the best time to learn about all the different jobs they offer.

Step two: In-office interview: The questions will largely be exactly the same as those with step one. They'll also give you a quick little quiz to test your editing ability. You may want to bone up on advanced rules for alphabetical order, commonly misspelled words, and Advertising Capitalization rules.

Interview Questions
    • I discovered I could stand a refresher on more advanced cases of alphabetical order. As in what's first: abc or abcd. (if your not sure, look up the rules)   Answer Question
    It seemed more like an offer then a negotiation. I'd be curious if anyone has ever been able to haggle up their salary, or maybe got themselves some sort of perk.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   View Answer
    • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   View Answer

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AroundCampus.

The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2009.

Applied through the career center at my University, got a call from the recruiter a few days later. Interviewed over the phone with the Regional Manager I would later work under. Interview was pretty basic, and nothing out of the ordinary, basic behavioral questions (describe a situation in which you provided great customer service, how do you work in teams, etc). Lasted about an hour. The last 20 minutes or so were spent talking about the job itself. Got a call back about a week later informing me I'd been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase