AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Question – Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview Details – One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Question – I want you to sale this to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot!   Answer Question

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Summer Sales Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Question – pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Question – Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Question – sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Summer Sales Intern

Interview Details – I was contacted by a regional manager via email, several emails were exchanged before a phone call. The phone call was supposed to be a first round interview, a second skype interview was scheduled after the phone call. There were some internet questionnaires I had to fill out, after completing all that I was offered the position.

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel like the position was properly compensated. This is a 100% commission based job with a draw on your future sales. You are not an employee of the Around Campus Group, you are considered an independent contractor. A lot of financial burden falls onto your shoulders and they do not withhold taxes from your draw/commission. Make sure you do the math before you accept this position. $200/week before taxes isnt much especially when you are supposed to pay for all of your expenses, including your own gas.

The person who would have been my manager seemed very nice; while she wasn't dishonest with me, I feel like she could have been more forthcoming with the burdens that I am responsible for. My advice would be if you are looking for experience in sales and are not worried about how much money you make this might be a good opportunity for you. It just wasnt what I was looking for.

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details – The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – no unusual questions. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

Interview Details – I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

Interview Details – very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Most of them weren't too hard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!