AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Questions
    • Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer
    You either accept or deny.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question
    It was strictly commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Interview process is fairly simple but you have to really impress them because they interview so many people for the internship.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AroundCampus.

The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AroundCampus in January 2011.

Pretty basic, standard questions like what's your greatest weakness/ biggest strength, etc.