AroundCampus

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Questions
    • What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Questions
    • Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Asked questions about my resume, strengths/weaknesses, and why I wanted the job. Interviewed by two people.