AroundCampus

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2012.

The interview was a simple process. The interviewer was easy to relate to--a recent college graduate. She explained the tasks of an intern and asked the skills I had that pertained to the position. She then walked through my resume. Standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something about yourself that I would not know by looking at your resume   Answer Question

The position itself required an intern to go to 50 businesses a day which was unappealing

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

I met the recruiter at the Career Faire at University of the Pacific. After speaking with her, she offered to conduct an interview the following day on campus. When I went in for the interview, she asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. She also asked about previous sales experience and many behavioral questions. She also asked how I would handle difficult situations on the job. At the end of the interview, she asked how interested I was in the position. I was contacted the next day stating that I had moved on to the final step of the interview. I was asked to fill out a personality test. Two days later she called back offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the benefits of utilizing our company to a small business?   Answer Question

I chose to decline the offer because the compensation was not enough for my living situation.

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Contacted by a manager after submitting application. The interview was very brief (I did it by phone as I was out of town at the time of the interviews) and pretty straightforward, the questions seemed to be pretty standard interview ones (such as when was a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it? What was one time you demonstrated leadership in a team setting? etc)

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were more reflective--no technical or "test" questions, and they were in the same vein as those mentioned above.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question
    They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2010.

Unfortunately, I thought it would be more advertising marketing. Instead it is pure sales. The company seemed great thought. My interviewer was very enthusiastic and stressed that I would gain great work experience, get a great recommendation and find a job quickly (all upon completion of the program). This would be a great program for someone who was interested in sales.

Interview Questions
    • We are interviewing many students for this position, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • List three strengths and 2 weaknesses. And name a time when you set a goal and were unsuccessful.   Answer Question

I did not want to spend a summer selling ad space - although the potential networking and skills made is quite tempting.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in June 2009.

I met the regional sales director at a career fair and he asked me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was very straightforward, he was impressed how I emphasized my good quality of persistence (something very important in sales). it's important to just appear excited and enthusiastic about the position.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question