AroundCampus

2.6

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Questions
    • sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Intern Interview

I was contacted by a regional manager via email, several emails were exchanged before a phone call. The phone call was supposed to be a first round interview, a second skype interview was scheduled after the phone call. There were some internet questionnaires I had to fill out, after completing all that I was offered the position.

I didn't feel like the position was properly compensated. This is a 100% commission based job with a draw on your future sales. You are not an employee of the Around Campus Group, you are considered an independent contractor. A lot of financial burden falls onto your shoulders and they do not withhold taxes from your draw/commission. Make sure you do the math before you accept this position. $200/week before taxes isnt much especially when you are supposed to pay for all of your expenses, including your own gas.

The person who would have been my manager seemed very nice; while she wasn't dishonest with me, I feel like she could have been more forthcoming with the burdens that I am responsible for. My advice would be if you are looking for experience in sales and are not worried about how much money you make this might be a good opportunity for you. It just wasnt what I was looking for.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Applied online

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AroundCampus.

virtual, Skype, and in-person

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.