AroundCampus

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AroundCampus.

The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Questions
    • Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer
    You either accept or deny.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

I interviewed online by answering a couple questions about myself and why I could be sales person. After my interview online I met with the recruiter from my area and they went more in depth about the internship. After that I got hired and was invited to attend a week long training in North Carolina that was all paid for.
    No drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is AroundCampus?
      What skills do you have that make you a sales person?
      Can you handle rejection?
        Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

One interview. Pretty straight forward. Walk through resume and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer
    none