AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2009.

Applied through the career center at my University, got a call from the recruiter a few days later. Interviewed over the phone with the Regional Manager I would later work under. Interview was pretty basic, and nothing out of the ordinary, basic behavioral questions (describe a situation in which you provided great customer service, how do you work in teams, etc). Lasted about an hour. The last 20 minutes or so were spent talking about the job itself. Got a call back about a week later informing me I'd been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Sales Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Recruiter was very friendly and nice. Asked a lot of behavioral questions EXTREMELY consistent with the other comments from this site, so there is no reason to be caught off guard by their questions. Good opportunity, just need a car and commitment.

Interview Questions
    • If I called a random number on your phone, how would they describe you? *most questions are like this*   View Answer
    • Do you have a car?   View Answer

Different internship offer I was more excited about.

Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2009.

Started with a phone interview mostly detailing the specifics of the job. The second interview was a face-to-face interview with a manager mostly asking behavioral questions. A main purpose of the interview is to make sure you are ok with being rejected and failing occasionally.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AroundCampus.

The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question
    It was strictly commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2010.

Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions
    • What are two weeknesses that you have   View Answer
    • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

No Negotiation