AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview Details – This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Question – What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was strictly commission.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2012.

Interview Details – This was not what i signed up for, being that I am an IT major. However, if you are in the sales program this might be a good way to network. I was asked to answer why I wanted the position and some behavioral questions. I was also asked to give a pitch on the spot for a favorite restaurant of my choice. It was a pretty easy process.

Interview Question – On a level from 1-10 how much do you want to be a part of this internship? 1 is not at all and 10 is I really want this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked questions about my resume, strengths/weaknesses, and why I wanted the job. Interviewed by two people.

Interview Question – What are three things you can work on?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details – The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!

Interview Questions

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Question – You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Question – If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Sales Team Leader/Sales
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   View Answer
  • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Question – What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

Interview Details – very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Most of them weren't too hard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Question – Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AroundCampus