AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.6

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus (Harrisonburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   1 Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Questions

• Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was set up at my college's career fair and then was later conducted on campus. Questions were about views on leadership, personality, and the ability to sell something arbitrary (like a pen). Interviewer was young and very nice so it makes you feel more at ease rather than being interviewed by someone much older than yourself.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I got the interview after speaking to a gentlemen at my school's career showcasing event. At the career showcase I simply approached a representative from AroundCampus and he told me about the Outside Sales Representative internship position. I got a call on the same day to schedule an interview for the following day. The interview was extremely chill, as it felt very conversational and not like I was being interrogated

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2015.

Interview

I met the woman at the career fair and we talked over the internship as well as the benefits of working for the company. I sent in a few small details along with my resume and had an interview in person then filled out a personality assessment. Overall, not a hard process, but the interviewer was basically reciting a script and the pay was absolutely terrible compared to the long Summer of work (May 13 to August 14 for $3000)

Interview Questions

• Sell an advertising space to me. Pretend I am a local dentist and have never heard of around campus.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 1 week. Met a great recruiter at Career Showcase and scheduled an interview for that week. Met for about 30 minutes to interview and discuss the position. Had to complete a short 35 question personality test post-interview. Was contacted less than a week later regarding a position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview, and then an in-person interview (due to bad weather, mine was a skype interview).

This was pretty much your standard interview. They tell you more information about the company, and ask you standard interview questions such as questions about your strengths and weaknesses. You don't necessarily need experience, but you do need to have a positive personality and a desire to learn.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to client who said no to you?   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Gainesville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and spoke with him for about 10 minutes. He invited me to schedule an interview on the spot for the following day, which I did. My interview took place with the same recruiter and felt relaxed. He explained the position more and really emphasized the great experience it could provide for me. The questions were not very intense nor did they seem to strictly stick to a theme like behavioral interviews. I sent a thank you email and later received a call notifying me of the offer. I was given about 2 weeks to think it over, but felt that I wanted to hold out for something less dependent on this type of sales so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell ad space to your favorite local restaurant? What would your last boss say were your positive qualities? What would your last boss say you needed to improve?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus (State College, PA).

Interview

recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Questions

• sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question