AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.6

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Questions

• I want you to sale this to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Questions

• Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Project Design Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Step one: Submit your application on the web, or find them at a career fair if their on your campus. If you meet with the company at a career fair, you'll do an interview that's about half an hour. Their going to ask questions to see how easy/friendly you are to work with (tell us about a time you had to work with someone who was tough to work with, etc.) This is the best time to learn about all the different jobs they offer.

Step two: In-office interview: The questions will largely be exactly the same as those with step one. They'll also give you a quick little quiz to test your editing ability. You may want to bone up on advanced rules for alphabetical order, commonly misspelled words, and Advertising Capitalization rules.

Interview Questions

• I discovered I could stand a refresher on more advanced cases of alphabetical order. As in what's first: abc or abcd. (if your not sure, look up the rules)   Answer Question

Negotiation

It seemed more like an offer then a negotiation. I'd be curious if anyone has ever been able to haggle up their salary, or maybe got themselves some sort of perk.

Client Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

After an initial phone screening, I went in for a first and then a second interview within two weeks. The interview process was very prompt, but following-up afterwards was impossible. It took me about a month to get a direct answer on a decision and if wasn't so persistent, I'd probably still be waiting.

Interview Questions

• List TWO weaknesses. I was prepared for one but I mean damn.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was mostly to learn more about you and tell your more about the internship. You are asked about your personality and about your interests. The interview lasts about a half hour and is very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Sell them something. What is you biggest weakness? Why did you apply? What sets you apart?   Answer Question

Design Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Came in, took a quiz that tested knowledge of graphic design. This was really helpful for me because I was so nervous, it gave me time to compose myself. After I was finished, they asked general interview questions. Interviewers were young and very nice. This was also comforting. Not a hard interview, still made me nervous but by the end they had definitely given me a clear snapshot of what my responsibilities would be if I got it. Lasted about 45 minutes total

Interview Questions

• Do you have a favorite logo/ad campaign in terms of design?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services. First, they requested I do a virtual interview in which I recorded myself answering 5 questions. Simple, nothing out of the ordinary. Couple weeks later, I got an emailing requesting an interview. The interview was 30 minutes long, had standard questions too - weaknesses, why AroundCampus, why should we hire you. The interviewer also took some time to explain the internship in detail - training week, payroll, daily schedule. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. A week later, I got a phone call saying I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Boone, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and emailed my schools recruiter and got a phone call from the recruiter a few days later. I did a virtual interview where you answer per-recorded questions then got a call to schedule an in-person interview. After the interview had to fill out a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, Sell them the back cover of the planner   Answer Question