AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Project Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2014.

Step one: Submit your application on the web, or find them at a career fair if their on your campus. If you meet with the company at a career fair, you'll do an interview that's about half an hour. Their going to ask questions to see how easy/friendly you are to work with (tell us about a time you had to work with someone who was tough to work with, etc.) This is the best time to learn about all the different jobs they offer.

Step two: In-office interview: The questions will largely be exactly the same as those with step one. They'll also give you a quick little quiz to test your editing ability. You may want to bone up on advanced rules for alphabetical order, commonly misspelled words, and Advertising Capitalization rules.

Interview Questions
    • I discovered I could stand a refresher on more advanced cases of alphabetical order. As in what's first: abc or abcd. (if your not sure, look up the rules)   Answer Question
    It seemed more like an offer then a negotiation. I'd be curious if anyone has ever been able to haggle up their salary, or maybe got themselves some sort of perk.

Summer Sales Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question
    I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   View Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Questions
    • sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question
    They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.