AroundCampus

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot!   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview Details – One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Question – I want you to sale this to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate location for internship

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Question – sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Summer Sales Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Question – pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Outside Sales Intern
Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Question – The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in June 2009.

Interview Details – I met the regional sales director at a career fair and he asked me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was very straightforward, he was impressed how I emphasized my good quality of persistence (something very important in sales). it's important to just appear excited and enthusiastic about the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview Details – Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Question – how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question