AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

Interview Details – A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Question – Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell something on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

Athens, GA

I applied online - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is fairly simple but you have to really impress them because they interview so many people for the internship.

Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews

Interview Question – "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You either accept or deny.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Question – Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Question – You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Question – If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AroundCampus