AroundCampus

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Face to face interview. Then one week of training in North Carolina

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2012.

This was not what i signed up for, being that I am an IT major. However, if you are in the sales program this might be a good way to network. I was asked to answer why I wanted the position and some behavioral questions. I was also asked to give a pitch on the spot for a favorite restaurant of my choice. It was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • On a level from 1-10 how much do you want to be a part of this internship? 1 is not at all and 10 is I really want this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

The interview was a simple process. The interviewer was easy to relate to--a recent college graduate. She explained the tasks of an intern and asked the skills I had that pertained to the position. She then walked through my resume. Standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something about yourself that I would not know by looking at your resume   Answer Question

The position itself required an intern to go to 50 businesses a day which was unappealing

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

I initially received an email about the job, I sent in my resume, the interviewer (who was my regional manager) called me and set a time to initially meet me, when we met we set an interview. The interview process involved alot of prep questions about my experience, personality, and future plans. I was then called a few days later and offered the job, and further filled out information in an email sent to me. I initially liked my interviewer who was very personable, and when I went to training for a week, all of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What is a quality about yourself that you would want to change, or a quality you would want to improve on?   View Answer
    No negotiations, I liked what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Interview process is fairly simple but you have to really impress them because they interview so many people for the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2010.

Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions
    • What are two weeknesses that you have   View Answer
    • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question
    no negotiation

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2010.

Unfortunately, I thought it would be more advertising marketing. Instead it is pure sales. The company seemed great thought. My interviewer was very enthusiastic and stressed that I would gain great work experience, get a great recommendation and find a job quickly (all upon completion of the program). This would be a great program for someone who was interested in sales.

Interview Questions
    • We are interviewing many students for this position, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • List three strengths and 2 weaknesses. And name a time when you set a goal and were unsuccessful.   Answer Question

I did not want to spend a summer selling ad space - although the potential networking and skills made is quite tempting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2009.

Applied through the career center at my University, got a call from the recruiter a few days later. Interviewed over the phone with the Regional Manager I would later work under. Interview was pretty basic, and nothing out of the ordinary, basic behavioral questions (describe a situation in which you provided great customer service, how do you work in teams, etc). Lasted about an hour. The last 20 minutes or so were spent talking about the job itself. Got a call back about a week later informing me I'd been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase