AroundCampus Interview Questions

2.6

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2012.

This was not what i signed up for, being that I am an IT major. However, if you are in the sales program this might be a good way to network. I was asked to answer why I wanted the position and some behavioral questions. I was also asked to give a pitch on the spot for a favorite restaurant of my choice. It was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • On a level from 1-10 how much do you want to be a part of this internship? 1 is not at all and 10 is I really want this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2010.

Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions
    • What are two weeknesses that you have   View Answer
    • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2009.

Applied through the career center at my University, got a call from the recruiter a few days later. Interviewed over the phone with the Regional Manager I would later work under. Interview was pretty basic, and nothing out of the ordinary, basic behavioral questions (describe a situation in which you provided great customer service, how do you work in teams, etc). Lasted about an hour. The last 20 minutes or so were spent talking about the job itself. Got a call back about a week later informing me I'd been accepted for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2010.

Unfortunately, I thought it would be more advertising marketing. Instead it is pure sales. The company seemed great thought. My interviewer was very enthusiastic and stressed that I would gain great work experience, get a great recommendation and find a job quickly (all upon completion of the program). This would be a great program for someone who was interested in sales.

Interview Questions
    • We are interviewing many students for this position, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • List three strengths and 2 weaknesses. And name a time when you set a goal and were unsuccessful.   Answer Question

I did not want to spend a summer selling ad space - although the potential networking and skills made is quite tempting.

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

I was approached by a representative at a career fair at my university. They asked me on the spot to schedule an interview and within a week we met to have a one on one interview. Advice to others: this company/position is decievingly laid back. I expected an informal, get to know you kind of interview because of the nature of the position and the personality of the recruiters. The recruiters/managers were very nice but the interview was intense so be prepared! After this they conduct a written interview via email which is more low pressure and easier to swallow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one interesting fact not work related about yourself and explain   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not reach it, how did you handle/overcome that?   Answer Question
    • What would your friends compliment you on?   View Answer
    • What would your friends be likely to criticize you about?   Answer Question

The position was commission based and in a down economy it is not good to be selling less than stellar advertisements to businesses that are barely staying afloat.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

-Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
    -Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
    -30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
    -Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
    **Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question
    They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.