AroundCampus

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details – The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – no unusual questions. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Interview Question – Sell something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

Interview Details – very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Most of them weren't too hard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details – Applied online

Interview Question – Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – virtual, Skype, and in-person

Interview Question – biggest failure   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Question – If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Question – You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Question – What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Interview Question – Be expected to answer how you handle the rejection   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AroundCampus Outside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by AroundCampus employees and interview candidates.