AroundCampus Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

virtual, Skype, and in-person

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you're going to you favorite restaurant and explain to them why it's important to advertise to college students   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The first part of the interview process is recording yourself in front of a webcam where you are told to answer pre-selected questions. Then, you are invited to an in person interview where they ask you basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

I didn't think it was worth leaving my current job. The hours are really long and they aren't flexible with summer school.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (College Park, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was a simple process. The interviewer was easy to relate to--a recent college graduate. She explained the tasks of an intern and asked the skills I had that pertained to the position. She then walked through my resume. Standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe something about yourself that I would not know by looking at your resume   Answer Question

The position itself required an intern to go to 50 businesses a day which was unappealing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Stockton, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the Career Faire at University of the Pacific. After speaking with her, she offered to conduct an interview the following day on campus. When I went in for the interview, she asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. She also asked about previous sales experience and many behavioral questions. She also asked how I would handle difficult situations on the job. At the end of the interview, she asked how interested I was in the position. I was contacted the next day stating that I had moved on to the final step of the interview. I was asked to fill out a personality test. Two days later she called back offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the benefits of utilizing our company to a small business?   Answer Question

I chose to decline the offer because the compensation was not enough for my living situation.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.) How do you handle rejection? Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed online by answering a couple questions about myself and why I could be sales person. After my interview online I met with the recruiter from my area and they went more in depth about the internship. After that I got hired and was invited to attend a week long training in North Carolina that was all paid for. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is AroundCampus? What skills do you have that make you a sales person? Can you handle rejection?   Answer Question