AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Question – What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Interview Question – Be expected to answer how you handle the rejection   Answer Question

Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews

Interview Question – "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You either accept or deny.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

Interview Details – A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Question – Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Question – Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Interview Question – Weaknesses, how much do you want this position.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Athens, GA

I applied online - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is fairly simple but you have to really impress them because they interview so many people for the internship.

Chattanooga, TN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details – Face to face interview. Then one week of training in North Carolina

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details – The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!

Interview Questions