AroundCampus

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Questions
  • You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2014.

I received an email from the recruiter telling me about the position. I applied online and they reached back out to me the next day. The recruiter was very energetic on the phone and told me about how they had done the internship a couple of years ago. They asked if i had a car, housing, and made sure I wouldn't be taking summer classes. After that, they sent me an email for the virtual interview. This was a little awkward just sitting there talking to my computer but it was only 7 questions so it was over quick and they said I did OK. A few days after that they called me and scheduled a 30-minute Skype interview for the following week. They asked about my hobbies, strengths/weaknesses, and even had me sell them an advertisement in their planner. They then told me EVERYTHING about the position. At the end they sent me an email for a personality assessment and said I'd hear back from them in 2 weeks. About 4 days later they called and offered me the job. My teammates met the recruiter at a career fair and did an in-person interview...so I guess it just depends.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Questions
    • What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Questions
    • Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

I interviewed online by answering a couple questions about myself and why I could be sales person. After my interview online I met with the recruiter from my area and they went more in depth about the internship. After that I got hired and was invited to attend a week long training in North Carolina that was all paid for.
    No drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What is AroundCampus?
      What skills do you have that make you a sales person?
      Can you handle rejection?

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer
    You either accept or deny.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.