AroundCampus Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.7

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Two phone interviews

Interview Questions
  • "What is your favorite restaurant around campus, imagine I'm the decision maker for that business. Give me your sales pitch if you're one of our interns."   View Answer
You either accept or deny.

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Questions
    • Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question
    None

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

I met the recruiter at the Career Faire at University of the Pacific. After speaking with her, she offered to conduct an interview the following day on campus. When I went in for the interview, she asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. She also asked about previous sales experience and many behavioral questions. She also asked how I would handle difficult situations on the job. At the end of the interview, she asked how interested I was in the position. I was contacted the next day stating that I had moved on to the final step of the interview. I was asked to fill out a personality test. Two days later she called back offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the benefits of utilizing our company to a small business?   Answer Question

I chose to decline the offer because the compensation was not enough for my living situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!