AroundCampus

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – There are three interviews. The first one is a phone interview to get to know what exactly you are looking for. The second interview is a Skype interview, my Skype was not working so their was no video on my end. A couple of difficult questions asked. He asked me what I wanted to gain out of an internship, why I would be a good candidate. I was also asked to pretend to sell a company an advertising slot on the back of an agenda book, they said they were passed their budget so I had to convince them yet to still buy a spot in our advertisement. After this he called me back two days later offering me a position.

Interview Question – Sell me this slot in the advertising section of this agenda book   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is not worth all the travel. It was cool that they had training in North Carolina. You only earn $200 a week but it is taken back after the summer and subtracted from all the commission you have earned. Commission is only 15% of sales. There is a lot of traveling required and a car is needed. The salary definitely was not going to cover the costs of all the travel involved. It did seem like a good experience but not worth the time if you are looking for something that pays well with good hours. Hours were 8-5 which is a lot considering you are only getting 200 a week. They try to lure people in by advertising it is a "PAID" internship but when you do the math definitely not worth it.

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Question – sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details – The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Interview Question – How would you rate this position on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!