AroundCampus Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Process took about 2 weeks for interview and job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Explained a situation in which a business owner wants to buy advertising space. Convince him to buy the most expensive spot.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question
    It was strictly commission.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2011.

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2010.

Was asked two weeknesses and two strengths

Interview Questions
    • What are two weeknesses that you have   View Answer
    • What are two strength, tell me something about yourself that i cant find on your resume   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!