AroundCampus Summer Sales Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Sales Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions
  • pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question
I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Summer Sales Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I was contacted by a regional manager via email, several emails were exchanged before a phone call. The phone call was supposed to be a first round interview, a second skype interview was scheduled after the phone call. There were some internet questionnaires I had to fill out, after completing all that I was offered the position.

I didn't feel like the position was properly compensated. This is a 100% commission based job with a draw on your future sales. You are not an employee of the Around Campus Group, you are considered an independent contractor. A lot of financial burden falls onto your shoulders and they do not withhold taxes from your draw/commission. Make sure you do the math before you accept this position. $200/week before taxes isnt much especially when you are supposed to pay for all of your expenses, including your own gas.

The person who would have been my manager seemed very nice; while she wasn't dishonest with me, I feel like she could have been more forthcoming with the burdens that I am responsible for. My advice would be if you are looking for experience in sales and are not worried about how much money you make this might be a good opportunity for you. It just wasnt what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2009.

I was approached by a representative at a career fair at my university. They asked me on the spot to schedule an interview and within a week we met to have a one on one interview. Advice to others: this company/position is decievingly laid back. I expected an informal, get to know you kind of interview because of the nature of the position and the personality of the recruiters. The recruiters/managers were very nice but the interview was intense so be prepared! After this they conduct a written interview via email which is more low pressure and easier to swallow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one interesting fact not work related about yourself and explain   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not reach it, how did you handle/overcome that?   Answer Question
    • What would your friends compliment you on?   View Answer
    • What would your friends be likely to criticize you about?   Answer Question

The position was commission based and in a down economy it is not good to be selling less than stellar advertisements to businesses that are barely staying afloat.