Arrow Electronics Interview Questions in Denver, CO

Updated Dec 2, 2014

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Within days a recruiter from HR contacted me via email to arrange an initial phone interview. Phone interview with HR lasted about 30 minutes. The very next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted just over an hour. The day after that I interviewed in-person at the Englewood, CO facility. All three interviews went smoothly, and I was convinced that this would be a great fit for my job and industry experience, skill sets and interests. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again, in spite of leaving several phone and email follow-ups with HR and the hiring manager. My take-away: In spite of their praise over my experience and background, and three very positive interviews totaling about 3 hours in length, they lost interest at the in-person interview when they learned that I am in my mid-50's.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to products, markets, customers and competitors.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Called by a really nice recruiter, had phone interview then in person interview which lasted about an hour. Basic questions. Asked how I dealt with a difficult customer in the past and my proficiency with excel.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at multi tasking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. It seems this position has a starting salary of 40k for everyone.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then brought in for an interview in house (met with 2 managers that had open positions, one after the other) , standard questions about what I've done well and how I would handle certain situations or overcome obtacles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but that was a missed opportunity as there seems to be some play in the pay range within that title (as long as it's within the range )

Inbound Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 20 minutes. The next week a face to face interview with the sales manager and regional manager (conference call). Standard situation type questions. High reference to resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you mange conflicting priorities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

The process was smooth. I was contacted by a recruiter and later interviewed by my hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Lots of focus on what I want in a work culture. There is a big push to get aggressive smart people who want to build a great environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Met the HR representative on campus. From there I had a phone interview with her within a few weeks. After this point, it took a lot of reminding and follow-ups to get an interview with the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not really an opportunity for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Essentially you go through a recruiter who them will set up a meeting with the head of customer service and herself they will ask you very basic questions around if you are capable of being customer friendly, and are computer savvy. Then you interview with 2 people in a board like status for a in person interview about the job. Then they make their decision.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straight forward questions relating to customer service, good/bad experiences, rewarding etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiating on my part as I felt that 40K for the 8-5 position was fair

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied for job online and received call back the same day from the recruiter. I had every skill they were looking for so he called me back within the hour to schedule a 1:1 with the hiring manager the next day.

Hiring Manager was nice and interview went excellent. We discussed salary/benefits/etc. Half way through the interview he brought out his calendar and asked when I could come in for a tech interview with the team. He wanted me to come in the following day but the main technical person was out for the rest of the week so scheduled it for the following Monday (this was a Tuesday).

Came in the following Monday and felt like I aced the technical piece and was a great fit personality wise. Was told they had some more interviews scheduled and that I'd hear back by Friday.

Never heard back or get an email as to what happened.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between XenApp 5 and XA5 SP1 (this was representative of the tedious questions that were asked)   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter within days of submitting my resume. I interviewed with a supervisor the next week. Got a call back the next day for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with the same supervisor and his manager. The manager came in late and proceeded to tell me how awful the position was. He wouldn't answer direct questions and spent a considerable time just staring at my resume. I was told I would hear something within a week. 4 weeks later I got the generic rejection email. Beginning with the 2nd interview, the feeling was very unprofessional. The office environment was a maze of cubicles and very drab though the lady at the front desk made you feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very standard "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question