Arrow Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details – I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Question – Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Essentially you go through a recruiter who them will set up a meeting with the head of customer service and herself they will ask you very basic questions around if you are capable of being customer friendly, and are computer savvy. Then you interview with 2 people in a board like status for a in person interview about the job. Then they make their decision.

Interview Question – All pretty straight forward questions relating to customer service, good/bad experiences, rewarding etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiating on my part as I felt that 40K for the 8-5 position was fair

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Englewood, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, then brought in for an interview in house (met with 2 managers that had open positions, one after the other) , standard questions about what I've done well and how I would handle certain situations or overcome obtacles

Interview Question – Nothing stood out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but that was a missed opportunity as there seems to be some play in the pay range within that title (as long as it's within the range )

Intern Interview

Intern
Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met the HR representative on campus. From there I had a phone interview with her within a few weeks. After this point, it took a lot of reminding and follow-ups to get an interview with the hiring manager in person.

Interview Question – N/A- very simple interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really an opportunity for negotiation.

Inbound Sales Representative II Interview

Inbound Sales Representative II
Englewood, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview lasted 20 minutes. The next week a face to face interview with the sales manager and regional manager (conference call). Standard situation type questions. High reference to resume.

Interview Question – How do you mange conflicting priorities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Accounting Supervisor

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details – The process was smooth. I was contacted by a recruiter and later interviewed by my hiring managers.

Interview Question – Lots of focus on what I want in a work culture. There is a big push to get aggressive smart people who want to build a great environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Englewood, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email from the recruiter within days of submitting my resume. I interviewed with a supervisor the next week. Got a call back the next day for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with the same supervisor and his manager. The manager came in late and proceeded to tell me how awful the position was. He wouldn't answer direct questions and spent a considerable time just staring at my resume. I was told I would hear something within a week. 4 weeks later I got the generic rejection email. Beginning with the 2nd interview, the feeling was very unprofessional. The office environment was a maze of cubicles and very drab though the lady at the front desk made you feel welcome.

Interview Question – The questions were very standard "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for job online and received call back the same day from the recruiter. I had every skill they were looking for so he called me back within the hour to schedule a 1:1 with the hiring manager the next day.

Hiring Manager was nice and interview went excellent. We discussed salary/benefits/etc. Half way through the interview he brought out his calendar and asked when I could come in for a tech interview with the team. He wanted me to come in the following day but the main technical person was out for the rest of the week so scheduled it for the following Monday (this was a Tuesday).

Came in the following Monday and felt like I aced the technical piece and was a great fit personality wise. Was told they had some more interviews scheduled and that I'd hear back by Friday.

Never heard back or get an email as to what happened.

Interview Question – What are the differences between XenApp 5 and XA5 SP1 (this was representative of the tedious questions that were asked)   Answer Question

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Entry Level Staff Accountant
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 5 different people all at different times. The interview started with the Director of the position I applied for and worked down to lower level employees. The Director interview was very difficult because he was asking specific accounting questions and wanting specific answers and I was apparently answering them in a way that did not suffice. After that, all the other interviewers asked very basic style questions and they all gave job specific information. Interview took about 2 hours and after the interview with the Director I had already assumed that I would not receive an offer.

Interview Question – What is an accrual?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial call was informal and casual generating honest questions and approaches. Follow interview process was very slow with extended periods of little contact though both HR and the manager were very friendly when I asked questions via phone or email

Interview Question – What has your largest failure been in the workplace   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very surprised by the proposed offer and did not have to negotiate

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!