Arrow Electronics

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.7

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2012.

Applied for job online and received call back the same day from the recruiter. I had every skill they were looking for so he called me back within the hour to schedule a 1:1 with the hiring manager the next day.

Hiring Manager was nice and interview went excellent. We discussed salary/benefits/etc. Half way through the interview he brought out his calendar and asked when I could come in for a tech interview with the team. He wanted me to come in the following day but the main technical person was out for the rest of the week so scheduled it for the following Monday (this was a Tuesday).

Came in the following Monday and felt like I aced the technical piece and was a great fit personality wise. Was told they had some more interviews scheduled and that I'd hear back by Friday.

Never heard back or get an email as to what happened.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between XenApp 5 and XA5 SP1 (this was representative of the tedious questions that were asked)   Answer Question

RSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2011.

Plan Commitment & implementation is my priority.

Interview Questions
    • Brand to brand rate comparison during deal is very difficult.   Answer Question

Applications Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2010.

3 level, first level technical telephonic , second level technical face to face, third level HR.

Inbound Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2013.

Phone interview lasted 20 minutes. The next week a face to face interview with the sales manager and regional manager (conference call). Standard situation type questions. High reference to resume.

Interview Questions
    • How do you mange conflicting priorities?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

I applied to Arrow for an internship position and they said they were setting up an internship program for the first time. They came to our campus and gave a generic marketing video to try and get recruits. They took a long time between any correspondence and when I finally took the interview it was a bit nerve wracking. It was a four on one interview where I was given a dry erase marker and whiteboard while I was asked technical questions while four engineers asked questions while I was working through problems. It was chaotic to say the least. I never heard back from them. I trying to leave messages at the numbers on their business cards but none of them had voice-mail set up and they never responded to any emails. I was quite surprised because they were all complements during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Solve a circuit analysis problem with op-amps and solve for current, voltage and resistance equations at all points on the circuit.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in June 2013.

Initially I was contacted to schedule a phone interview within the first few days of applying. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The following week I was scheduled for an in person interview. Generally they have two managers in interviews. Both managers were quite friendly and easy to engage with. Questions involved general information about the company (company culture, history, industry) and the position being applied for as well as why I felt I was an ideal candidate for the job. I was asked interactive questions about past positions such as "Describe a time you had a negative interaction with a difficult customer and how did you handle it". Overall, the interview was both mentally stimulating and challenging. Ensure you research the company as well as the position you are interviewing for prior to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your biggest struggle in the workplace?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiation is an option.

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2014.

1. Applied through a recruiter so overall the response was quick.
    2. Total 3 rounds of telephonic interview over 2 days. The first interview was scheduled approx. 7 days after I applied for the job.
    3. The interviews were quite detailed covering functional aspects by a Functional lead, technical aspects by a Tech Lead and overall IT/Project aspects by the PM.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but they were looking for a strong WMS person.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2014.

Phone screen with HR (30 minutes), followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager (60 minutes), followed by two additional phone interviews with another manager and a Vice President (30 minutes each). Took two months before i heard a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, however, they did want to know what i knew about Arrow, my leadership, why a new industry, how I approach a new sales team with more experience than me...   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in October 2014.

Applied online. Within days a recruiter from HR contacted me via email to arrange an initial phone interview. Phone interview with HR lasted about 30 minutes. The very next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted just over an hour. The day after that I interviewed in-person at the Englewood, CO facility. All three interviews went smoothly, and I was convinced that this would be a great fit for my job and industry experience, skill sets and interests. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again, in spite of leaving several phone and email follow-ups with HR and the hiring manager. My take-away: In spite of their praise over my experience and background, and three very positive interviews totaling about 3 hours in length, they lost interest at the in-person interview when they learned that I am in my mid-50's.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions related to products, markets, customers and competitors.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

After I applied online, I got an email from an HR recruiter about 5 weeks later requesting to set up a time to speak. Spoke with her a few days later, then she set up a time to meet the hiring manager a few days after that. I met with two people (separately ) from the department. They were very nice. There were a lot of questions where they gave me a work-related scenario and asked me if I had experience in that type of scenario/doing that type of work. There were no "Give me an example of a time when..." behavioral type questions (thank God). It was a pleasant experience overall. They still haven't made a decision about the position though, and it has been a month since the interview. I've corresponded with the hiring manager via email though, and he always replies. I do get the impression that the company is very corporate though and takes time to get anything approved.