Arrow Electronics

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter about a different position than the one I applied for. Had phone call from the recruiter followed by phone interview with the hiring manager.
The call was about 1/2 hr with regular behavioral and work related questions.

I was told that I will hear back in a weeks time but still waiting to hear back after 2 weeks. Over all an ok experience.

Interview Question – Usual behavioral and work related question   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details – Interviewed with both a Sr. Manager, Finance and Director, Finance. Pretty positive experience. They were most concerned with how I would interact with the internal customers. Communication styles best utilized/most effective were also talking points.

Interview Question – None too off base. Wanted to inquire about situations where technical skills were utilized in conjuction with job requirements and also how negotiating with internal customers was handled (strong personalities, etc.).   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interview Details – process was normal

Interview Question – what is your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Technology Product Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate and had to go through about six rounds of interviews to be moved from basically an assistant buyer position to a senior buyer position. It was grueling and a bit excessive.

Interview Question – How do you feel about your current management team?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details – Straightforward: 1 call with HR, 1 interview with hiring manager and director, offer sent after 1 week.

Interview Question – How do you enable others to achieve the goals needed for the team to succeed?   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details – Very easy, HR than few people on your future team. Nothing special here.

Negotiation Details – Arrow Does Not Negotiate, as soon as a position is created the dollars are set, if you want more dollars salary they would have to create a new position. Sales jobs are easier as the base + com can be played with.

Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two managers.

Interview Question – How I would impact the company right away.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very poor experience. The recruiter called me to let me know that he had two interviews lined up and confirmed back to back (first one was with the HR and the second was with the actual hiring manager).

HR was almost 20 minutes late to the interview -- very unprofessional. The recruiter informed me of salary expectations which were not accurate -- after meeting with HR, they gave me a completely different story on the salary.

On to the 2nd interview with the hiring manager. Again, 20 minutes late to the interview! Unbelievable! The hiring manager was very unprepared -- didn't even have a copy of my resume (I came prepared and had a copy to provide). The questions were rather easy -- the hiring manager didn't seem to have a lot of interviewing experience. This made sense because in my original interview with HR, HR mentioned that there were a lot of challenges with the department/hiring manager I was interviewing with.

I understand that it's a fact of life that things come up that may affect you being late to a meeting. I'm a pretty understanding person -- if someone is just a few minutes late to a meeting, I'm not really going to say anything about it. But if you are going to be 20 minutes late leaving the candidate wondering if you even remembered that you had an interview, you may want to let the receptionist know to inform the candidate that's been waiting. That's just common courtesy.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question "How long did it take you get here?".   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Based upon the poor communication between the recruiter and HR as it related to the salary expectations, combined with the lack of professionalism, and not being really impressed with the hiring manager, I didn't think this would have been a great fit for me professionally.

Also, I had interviewed for another position earlier in the year. Went through 6 interviews and even had lunch with the hiring manager which went well. Then, not a peep. No notification letting me know either way that I got the job or didn't get the job -- just nothing. During my interview for the other position, I inquired about the status of the original position that I applied for. HR's response "Oh, I'm sorry, that position got put on hold for budgetary reasons". It would have been nice to have been notified of that. Even better, they should have probably done a better job getting their ducks in a row ensuring that they have budget for the position before posting a position that they really weren't prepared to offer.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had submitted the resume online on Arrow's website in Jan 2010 and I got a reply from the HR representative in last week of March 2010 asking for a phone interview with the manager. I had a phone interview with one of the persons in technical team instead of the manager and was called in for an in person interview on April 15, 2010. I had a 1-1 with 3 people, first the Enterprise Architect who touched upon the basics of Java, JDBC (since the position I interviewed for needed these skills). But later I learnt that these were the standard questions that he asks whomever is interviewed. Next was a semi-HR and technical interview with the Director. This mostly was regarding my previous projects and work experience. Lastly my immediate manager, asked me a few other questions regarding my work experience and how I would like the environment to be. Overall the interview process was good.

They replied to me on May 4, 2010 that they were interested in giving me an offer and that I would receive the offer letter in a week's time. The worst part starts now, a week went by and 2 weeks too, I havent heard from them. I tried contacting the HR rep through email and phone in those 3 weeks but have not got a reply.
I decided not to wait and go ahead with other interviews and pursue other offers. Hence in the 4rd week of my waiting I decided to email the manager, director and the HR saying that if I do not hear from them I would be going for another offer. Initially when the HR answered, said she was waiting for the CIO's approval and then later she said they had a budget crunch and could not get it approved until now.
Instantly I got an email within a day that had my offer letter.

But the twist here is, I was interviewed for a Senior Software Engineer position and in the offer I found that the position has been demoted to Software Systems Engineer and the salary was way less for NY standards. I had called up the HR and also the manager about this. They had a weird explanation and said they found my experience not enough for this position hence they demoted the position. I tried to negotiate my salary but they said they would not know how much more time they would take to get me a revised offer letter. I had accepted the offer even though I felt uncomfortable with it, since it was full time job.

Interview Question – Statement, Connection etc in JDBC are classes or interfaces   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I think negotiations can be done with this company, but you need to be really direct and shrewd with them. Otherwise they take you for granted. Even the work environment is like that, that is the reason why I quit.

Account Development Representative Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2009.

Interview Details – Online Application
Phone Interview
1:1 Interview

Be money motivated.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arrow Electronics

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arrow Electronics interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arrow Electronics employees and interview candidates.