Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

2.7

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2015.

this was an intern to hire position at Silicon Expert Technologies (a subsidiary of Arrow). After about a month I applied, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was fully behavioral and typical get to know each other questions. After that went well, I was told that I'd hear back on the next steps (coding test + 1 hour onsite) but it has been a month now again, and no response. It is extremely frustrating and now I have given up on this opportunity.

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

After I applied online, I got an email from an HR recruiter about 5 weeks later requesting to set up a time to speak. Spoke with her a few days later, then she set up a time to meet the hiring manager a few days after that. I met with two people (separately ) from the department. They were very nice. There were a lot of questions where they gave me a work-related scenario and asked me if I had experience in that type of scenario/doing that type of work. There were no "Give me an example of a time when..." behavioral type questions (thank God). It was a pleasant experience overall. They still haven't made a decision about the position though, and it has been a month since the interview. I've corresponded with the hiring manager via email though, and he always replies. I do get the impression that the company is very corporate though and takes time to get anything approved.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

I applied for a job a few months ago but was not offered the position. Early last month I received a call from the HR recruiter asking if I was still interested in a position. After two phone interviews and an on-site interview, I was offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    They agreed with the amount that I requested.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in October 2014.

Applied online. Within days a recruiter from HR contacted me via email to arrange an initial phone interview. Phone interview with HR lasted about 30 minutes. The very next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted just over an hour. The day after that I interviewed in-person at the Englewood, CO facility. All three interviews went smoothly, and I was convinced that this would be a great fit for my job and industry experience, skill sets and interests. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again, in spite of leaving several phone and email follow-ups with HR and the hiring manager. My take-away: In spite of their praise over my experience and background, and three very positive interviews totaling about 3 hours in length, they lost interest at the in-person interview when they learned that I am in my mid-50's.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions related to products, markets, customers and competitors.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2014.

Called by a really nice recruiter, had phone interview then in person interview which lasted about an hour. Basic questions. Asked how I dealt with a difficult customer in the past and my proficiency with excel.

Interview Questions
    None. It seems this position has a starting salary of 40k for everyone.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2014.

Phone screen with HR (30 minutes), followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager (60 minutes), followed by two additional phone interviews with another manager and a Vice President (30 minutes each). Took two months before i heard a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, however, they did want to know what i knew about Arrow, my leadership, why a new industry, how I approach a new sales team with more experience than me...   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2014.

1. Applied through a recruiter so overall the response was quick.
    2. Total 3 rounds of telephonic interview over 2 days. The first interview was scheduled approx. 7 days after I applied for the job.
    3. The interviews were quite detailed covering functional aspects by a Functional lead, technical aspects by a Tech Lead and overall IT/Project aspects by the PM.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but they were looking for a strong WMS person.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2014.

Signed up through Adecco temp agency. I had a background in catering/sales/ restaurant industry --- they set up Interview. Met with good manager and one other ISR (who eventually became my manager) Normal interview questions - relaxing and no psych questions .. willing to give me a chance in a new industry.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an issue if you were not going to meet the deadline?   View Answer
    Hired through temp agency -- not much negotiation. I started at $17 hr -- but I do know thought that mother employee (who took forever to train and was one dimensional) was hired in at $3 more an hour than I was --- that was upsetting.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in June 2013.

Initially I was contacted to schedule a phone interview within the first few days of applying. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The following week I was scheduled for an in person interview. Generally they have two managers in interviews. Both managers were quite friendly and easy to engage with. Questions involved general information about the company (company culture, history, industry) and the position being applied for as well as why I felt I was an ideal candidate for the job. I was asked interactive questions about past positions such as "Describe a time you had a negative interaction with a difficult customer and how did you handle it". Overall, the interview was both mentally stimulating and challenging. Ensure you research the company as well as the position you are interviewing for prior to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your biggest struggle in the workplace?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiation is an option.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2012.

Interview and hiring process went very smoothly and it was only a single interview. I'm guessing it was because they thought I was a great match and was just going through the formal process. I also think they were rushed because they had a deadline date to meet and they were aware of the competing offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    • There were really nothing difficult nor unexpected that stands out.   Answer Question
    Offer is negotiable if you feel you have a strong hand and they want you.