Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview for initial screening followed by an in person interview on site. The HR interview was very boiler plate, with the typical behavior type questions. HR representative wasn't very skilled at the interview process. It seemed like she was just reading off a list and had little interpersonal skills that other HR representatives have.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Jul 17, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. It sounds like this position wasn't a fit, but we hope you'll keep an eye on us for other positions in the future.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process wasn't that difficult. Just show up and be able to talk about your skill set and what you can bring to the table. Depending on the team, it will formal or informal

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Jul 17, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

Congratulations on accepting the Product Manager offer. We're excited to have you on board as a new team member and welcome your feedback regarding our interview process.

Brand Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

30 minutes, covered past experiences. Onboarding of new customers and desired salary range. Interviewer seemed in a hurry so phone interview was short. I asked two follow up questions regarding the position. The position was changing as the manufacturer was transitioning their model. The interviewer was to get back to me along with the hiring manager for clarification on the position. The interviewer was very professional and the interview covered all the major topics. Employment history, experience and go to market strategies.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your new customer onbording techniques?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

We're glad to hear about your positive interview experience, and congratulations on accepting a position!

Supplier Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in June 2015.

Interview

One interview - panel of 3 women. One participant just stared at me, like I was an idiot. I was further insulted by being told that I wouldn't be a good fit as I was not familiar with Supplier Accounting. Very open ended interview process, felt like walking into a trap.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Arrow - after they already decided I wouldn't be a good fit.   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Hi there! I apologize for the negative experience you encountered. Sounds like the position wasn't a good fit. I hope you'll take a look at our job postings and find some open positions that align ... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Sit-down interview with one or two sales managers. The meeting was formal, but the managers were very accommodating and laid back. The questions were straightforward and pretty standard. Stay calm, express confidence.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your inbox?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating. The offer was strong, and the HR rep made it clear that this was as much as they were able to provide for the position.

Jul 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

We're glad to hear you had a great experience! Thank you for sharing.

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Many layers of phone screenings to get through. Use of Skype and multiple-participant interviews held over webcams. Face-to-face interviews scheduled for wrong offices (Arrow has many locations in my town). Employees conducting interviews were not familiar with job requirements or content area.

Interview Questions

• What is shared pool connectivity?   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for complications during your interview process. However, it looks like things worked out for the best because you accepted the offer!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and inviting. Interviewer was very conversational and cared more about the person than the resume. Office was easy to find and very good quality office. Employees were very friendly and welcoming. The company is continuing to grow which is very exciting to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling?   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Our employee referrals are a great way to find talent, and it sounds like we did that with you. Welcome to Arrow, and congrats on the new job!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

I've got a phone call from the hr, about determining a date to come to the office and have the technical and hr interview. the interview process is: 1) Written technical exam 2) f2f interview with 2 team leaders. 3) HR interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about Collections, data structures, core java basics, j2ee (servlets, ejb), sql (sp, triggers)   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

Welcome to the engineering team!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Purchase, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to follow up every step of the way (to get the phone screening, to get the interview and to get updates as to the status). They never got back to me to let me know the final outcome, and all job postings for this location have since been removed.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're in the process of relocating a lot of positions to Colorado, which explains why all positions have been removed.

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Arrow Electronics (Coppell, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview, an in-person interview, and then an additional phone interview. Took months just to get to the phone interview. I applied for the position in February and didn't start working there until December.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you worked with a confrontational employee/co-worker and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for taking time to write a review-- and congrats on getting the job! That's a long time-to-fill process, but I'm glad you stuck with it, as it sounds like you were the right person for the ... More