Arrow Electronics

2.8

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Very easy- met with entire Austin based marketing group (small group) over the hour and a half I was interviewed. General questions to get a vibe of how well you would mesh with the group since everyone works so closely.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2013.

Essentially you go through a recruiter who them will set up a meeting with the head of customer service and herself they will ask you very basic questions around if you are capable of being customer friendly, and are computer savvy. Then you interview with 2 people in a board like status for a in person interview about the job. Then they make their decision.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions relating to customer service, good/bad experiences, rewarding etc   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiating on my part as I felt that 40K for the 8-5 position was fair

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

It took some time to get an interview scheduled. However, the interview process was very positive with the interviewers acting very friendly. A lot on my background and previous experience was discussed as well as my future goals. Overall, the interview was more conversational and not in a direct question-answer form.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time where you have dealt with conflict with a colleague?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interviewed with two managers.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2012.

Applied for job online and received call back the same day from the recruiter. I had every skill they were looking for so he called me back within the hour to schedule a 1:1 with the hiring manager the next day.

Hiring Manager was nice and interview went excellent. We discussed salary/benefits/etc. Half way through the interview he brought out his calendar and asked when I could come in for a tech interview with the team. He wanted me to come in the following day but the main technical person was out for the rest of the week so scheduled it for the following Monday (this was a Tuesday).

Came in the following Monday and felt like I aced the technical piece and was a great fit personality wise. Was told they had some more interviews scheduled and that I'd hear back by Friday.

Never heard back or get an email as to what happened.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between XenApp 5 and XA5 SP1 (this was representative of the tedious questions that were asked)   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2012.

I received an email from the recruiter within days of submitting my resume. I interviewed with a supervisor the next week. Got a call back the next day for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with the same supervisor and his manager. The manager came in late and proceeded to tell me how awful the position was. He wouldn't answer direct questions and spent a considerable time just staring at my resume. I was told I would hear something within a week. 4 weeks later I got the generic rejection email. Beginning with the 2nd interview, the feeling was very unprofessional. The office environment was a maze of cubicles and very drab though the lady at the front desk made you feel welcome.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2012.

Interview and hiring process went very smoothly and it was only a single interview. I'm guessing it was because they thought I was a great match and was just going through the formal process. I also think they were rushed because they had a deadline date to meet and they were aware of the competing offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    • There were really nothing difficult nor unexpected that stands out.   Answer Question
    Offer is negotiable if you feel you have a strong hand and they want you.

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in December 2011.

Was interviewed by 5 different people all at different times. The interview started with the Director of the position I applied for and worked down to lower level employees. The Director interview was very difficult because he was asking specific accounting questions and wanting specific answers and I was apparently answering them in a way that did not suffice. After that, all the other interviewers asked very basic style questions and they all gave job specific information. Interview took about 2 hours and after the interview with the Director I had already assumed that I would not receive an offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2011.

It was very typical. Situation based questions...How would you; deal with a dificult customer?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went over and above.   View Answer

Brand Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2011.

Arrow has a formal interview process within their ECS group. I was interviewed by the hiring manager, then their manager, then sent to 2 other directors to interview. I have heard now they are doing phone interviews where 3 or 4 executives interview at one time and ask specific questions around situations.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where you were asked to do something unethical but that would help your team?   Answer Question
    Yes - we went back and forth one time.