Arrow Electronics

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 5 different people all at different times. The interview started with the Director of the position I applied for and worked down to lower level employees. The Director interview was very difficult because he was asking specific accounting questions and wanting specific answers and I was apparently answering them in a way that did not suffice. After that, all the other interviewers asked very basic style questions and they all gave job specific information. Interview took about 2 hours and after the interview with the Director I had already assumed that I would not receive an offer.

Interview Question – What is an accrual?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer II Interview

Systems Engineer II
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial call was informal and casual generating honest questions and approaches. Follow interview process was very slow with extended periods of little contact though both HR and the manager were very friendly when I asked questions via phone or email

Interview Question – What has your largest failure been in the workplace   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very surprised by the proposed offer and did not have to negotiate

Account Development Representative Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in September 2009.

Interview Details – Online Application
Phone Interview
1:1 Interview

Be money motivated.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was very typical. Situation based questions...How would you; deal with a dificult customer?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went over and above.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Denver, CO

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in October 2010.

Interview Details – The supervisors at Arrow really stress work experience versus education.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had submitted the resume online on Arrow's website in Jan 2010 and I got a reply from the HR representative in last week of March 2010 asking for a phone interview with the manager. I had a phone interview with one of the persons in technical team instead of the manager and was called in for an in person interview on April 15, 2010. I had a 1-1 with 3 people, first the Enterprise Architect who touched upon the basics of Java, JDBC (since the position I interviewed for needed these skills). But later I learnt that these were the standard questions that he asks whomever is interviewed. Next was a semi-HR and technical interview with the Director. This mostly was regarding my previous projects and work experience. Lastly my immediate manager, asked me a few other questions regarding my work experience and how I would like the environment to be. Overall the interview process was good.

They replied to me on May 4, 2010 that they were interested in giving me an offer and that I would receive the offer letter in a week's time. The worst part starts now, a week went by and 2 weeks too, I havent heard from them. I tried contacting the HR rep through email and phone in those 3 weeks but have not got a reply.
I decided not to wait and go ahead with other interviews and pursue other offers. Hence in the 4rd week of my waiting I decided to email the manager, director and the HR saying that if I do not hear from them I would be going for another offer. Initially when the HR answered, said she was waiting for the CIO's approval and then later she said they had a budget crunch and could not get it approved until now.
Instantly I got an email within a day that had my offer letter.

But the twist here is, I was interviewed for a Senior Software Engineer position and in the offer I found that the position has been demoted to Software Systems Engineer and the salary was way less for NY standards. I had called up the HR and also the manager about this. They had a weird explanation and said they found my experience not enough for this position hence they demoted the position. I tried to negotiate my salary but they said they would not know how much more time they would take to get me a revised offer letter. I had accepted the offer even though I felt uncomfortable with it, since it was full time job.

Interview Question – Statement, Connection etc in JDBC are classes or interfaces   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I think negotiations can be done with this company, but you need to be really direct and shrewd with them. Otherwise they take you for granted. Even the work environment is like that, that is the reason why I quit.

Engineering Interview

Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the Engineer position in Jan, 2010 and I got an intial email communication in March 1st week regarding a phone screen. After 2 simple phone interviews I was called onsite within one day after my last phone interview.
The onsite interview was supposed to last 3 hours and it went really well. I was asked a few technical questions in the first round which was in Core Java. It went on for 45 mins. Later was a technical and HR interview by the manager for 1 hour and another HR interview by another manager for 1 hour.
After 2 weeks I got an email saying my interviews went really well and they are interested in employment. I'm yet to receive an offer from them and I have been waiting since almost a month now. I have contacted them almost every week to receive the same reply its in process. I have decided not to wait any longer for them but just wasted my 2 weeks time doing so. I feel if the company is not interested in hiring, then they have no reason to initiate a conversation to hire people and waste their precious time and also others.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Melville, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in May 2008.

Interview Details – Not bad at all. Very standard interview questions as I went on more and more interviews I sensed the questions got more personal as if they were trying to get to know me and to get a feel for what I would be like to work with.

Interview Question – What are some thigns you do well?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Englewood, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Arrow Electronics in March 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 people. The personalities of the people were what made the interview easy or hard. Both asked behavioral questions. The first person was by the book. The second person was more laid back.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Arrow Electronics

Interview Details – Straightforward: 1 call with HR, 1 interview with hiring manager and director, offer sent after 1 week.

Interview Question – How do you enable others to achieve the goals needed for the team to succeed?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arrow Electronics