Art Institute of Chicago Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

Help Desk Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in September 2010.

First there was an initial phone screen, that went well, then I went in and interviewed with what was to be my manager and his manager. They were extremely pleasant. The whole interview process was orderly, timely and professional. In a relatively short period I was contacted by phone with a job offer. It was awesome.

Interview Questions
    • Why I was leaving current job after only six months employment.   View Answer
    It was a phone offer and I wanted to accept the position. Interestingly, I had interviewed months before and was told a salary the same I was making and declined. This time I was offered a bit more (without my prompting) and just accepted it.

Help Desk Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in May 2014.

Manager asked one question. "If someone called in and said that they couldn't log onto the network and told me the computer networking cord was plugged into the back of the printer what do you tell them to do"? My interview lasted all but 10 mins. Not diverse at all.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked the one question above, which I gave the correct answer.   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago.

Process was easy to follow online and with interviewer. Then, HR went unresponsive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. More about my previous experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I was asked to send them a cover letter, a resume and a written sample. I was interviewed by the head of the department who was a very personal lady. Mostly she just explained about what the role would consist of. She asked me how I would develop models to survey the perception of the art institute

Interview Questions
    • How would you survey the perception of the school of the art institute?   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in August 2009.

I applied to the Rover Program (an internal temp agency) in the summer of 2009 and never heard back. I applied again the next month with the backing of a current employee and was accepted into the program. At first a few e-mails were traded back and forth. Then, I had an interview in person. This seemed more of a formality- although the interviewer seemed to take it seriously- as they needed more people to cover a certain department. The Art Institute is an inbred place. A VERY large portion of the people there get their jobs because they know someone who works at or is affiliated with the School or Museum.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate and there really is no room for any negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Art Institute of Chicago

Worked for Art Institute of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!