Art Institute of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through the school's employment and career page. Received a request for a phone interview in about 3 weeks. Phone interview was as expected and closely related to the role. No surprises in the interview questions. Regretfully, it was a lack of prep work on my end that resulted in not receiving an offer from SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the organizational systems that you employ in your current role?   Answer Question

Help Desk Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Manager asked one question. "If someone called in and said that they couldn't log onto the network and told me the computer networking cord was plugged into the back of the printer what do you tell them to do"? My interview lasted all but 10 mins. Not diverse at all.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked the one question above, which I gave the correct answer.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago.

Interview

Process was easy to follow online and with interviewer. Then, HR went unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. More about my previous experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked to send them a cover letter, a resume and a written sample. I was interviewed by the head of the department who was a very personal lady. Mostly she just explained about what the role would consist of. She asked me how I would develop models to survey the perception of the art institute

Interview Questions

• How would you survey the perception of the school of the art institute?   Answer Question

Help Desk Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

First there was an initial phone screen, that went well, then I went in and interviewed with what was to be my manager and his manager. They were extremely pleasant. The whole interview process was orderly, timely and professional. In a relatively short period I was contacted by phone with a job offer. It was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving current job after only six months employment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a phone offer and I wanted to accept the position. Interestingly, I had interviewed months before and was told a salary the same I was making and declined. This time I was offered a bit more (without my prompting) and just accepted it.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I was taken into a relatively empty room and was left there for a considerable time during which I felt I was being watched. Perhaps that was unfair on my part but I was left there longer than is usual for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be uncomfortable firing perfectly good employees who had been employed for the duration of their temporary timeframe.   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied to the Rover Program (an internal temp agency) in the summer of 2009 and never heard back. I applied again the next month with the backing of a current employee and was accepted into the program. At first a few e-mails were traded back and forth. Then, I had an interview in person. This seemed more of a formality- although the interviewer seemed to take it seriously- as they needed more people to cover a certain department. The Art Institute is an inbred place. A VERY large portion of the people there get their jobs because they know someone who works at or is affiliated with the School or Museum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate and there really is no room for any negotiation.