Art Institute of Chicago

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago.

Interview Details – Process was easy to follow online and with interviewer. Then, HR went unresponsive.

Interview Question – Nothing. More about my previous experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago

Interview Details – I was asked to send them a cover letter, a resume and a written sample. I was interviewed by the head of the department who was a very personal lady. Mostly she just explained about what the role would consist of. She asked me how I would develop models to survey the perception of the art institute

Interview Question – How would you survey the perception of the school of the art institute?   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Rover
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the Rover Program (an internal temp agency) in the summer of 2009 and never heard back. I applied again the next month with the backing of a current employee and was accepted into the program. At first a few e-mails were traded back and forth. Then, I had an interview in person. This seemed more of a formality- although the interviewer seemed to take it seriously- as they needed more people to cover a certain department. The Art Institute is an inbred place. A VERY large portion of the people there get their jobs because they know someone who works at or is affiliated with the School or Museum.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate and there really is no room for any negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Art Institute of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Art Institute of Chicago interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Art Institute of Chicago employees and interview candidates.