Art Institute of Houston Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Art Institute of Houston

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Art Institute of Houston in November 2012.

Applied Online,
Called 2 days after with Director of Admissions, few minutes later call from Senior Director of Admissions, giving basic info about job.
Went two days later met Senior Director, and had interview with the other Director of Admissions.
One week later HR called with job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Art Institute of Houston

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Art Institute of Houston in August 2011.

I applied online, was called back in about a week and the interview was arranged for later that same week. My interview was set up initiallly with one person, but another person actually interviewed me. I was escorted to the office he worked in, although it was almost completely bare. This was probably one of the most awkward interviews I've had. It was like the guy who interviewed me took one of those generic interview question list and asked me every question. Truthfully, I didn't feel comfortable with the interview style and I have given better interviews.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Art Institute of Houston.

Call from H.R. director who was very cordial and inquisitive of my relative experience and values. Call and appointment set from Sr. Director of Admissions and subsequent job offer within the week to start in 2 weeks. Interview was friendly, detailed of the job description and reviewed opportunity for management advancement. Seemed like a team environment with a fun but structured environment and a little like a sales job but more of a recruiting of talent job for an amazing place for passionate creative artist to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to make phone calls and how do you keep going when you feel like you are not reaching the right candidate?   View Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Art Institute of Houston in March 2010.

Called me in March, talked to two directors about the position. Was called a week later from HR and asked about salary and start date. Didn't hear back for 2 months, then received a call offering me the position.

No negotiation possible - take it or leave it.