Art Institute of Houston

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston in July 2011.

Interview Details – I knew there were openings for adjunct instructors because I knew someone teaching at AIH already.
Submitted resume and online application form.
Received email from program chair for interview.
Interview on campus.
Demonstrated teaching for 20 minutes with 3 faculty present.
Verbally hired on the spot.
They emailed paperwork to fill out via email.

Interview Question – How do you motivate students?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a set rate in mind.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called back in about a week and the interview was arranged for later that same week. My interview was set up initiallly with one person, but another person actually interviewed me. I was escorted to the office he worked in, although it was almost completely bare. This was probably one of the most awkward interviews I've had. It was like the guy who interviewed me took one of those generic interview question list and asked me every question. Truthfully, I didn't feel comfortable with the interview style and I have given better interviews.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Art Institute of Houston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Art Institute of Houston interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Art Institute of Houston employees and interview candidates.