Art Institute of Houston

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston in July 2011.

Interview Details – I knew there were openings for adjunct instructors because I knew someone teaching at AIH already.
Submitted resume and online application form.
Received email from program chair for interview.
Interview on campus.
Demonstrated teaching for 20 minutes with 3 faculty present.
Verbally hired on the spot.
They emailed paperwork to fill out via email.

Interview Question – How do you motivate students?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a set rate in mind.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called back in about a week and the interview was arranged for later that same week. My interview was set up initiallly with one person, but another person actually interviewed me. I was escorted to the office he worked in, although it was almost completely bare. This was probably one of the most awkward interviews I've had. It was like the guy who interviewed me took one of those generic interview question list and asked me every question. Truthfully, I didn't feel comfortable with the interview style and I have given better interviews.

Interview Questions

Adjunct Professor Interview

Adjunct Professor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston.

Interview Details – Short phone interview leading to longer in person interview. Teaching demonstration two days later and thorough background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to teach   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston.

Interview Details – Call from H.R. director who was very cordial and inquisitive of my relative experience and values. Call and appointment set from Sr. Director of Admissions and subsequent job offer within the week to start in 2 weeks. Interview was friendly, detailed of the job description and reviewed opportunity for management advancement. Seemed like a team environment with a fun but structured environment and a little like a sales job but more of a recruiting of talent job for an amazing place for passionate creative artist to succeed.

Interview Question – Do you like to make phone calls and how do you keep going when you feel like you are not reaching the right candidate?   View Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Art Institute of Houston in March 2010.

Interview Details – Called me in March, talked to two directors about the position. Was called a week later from HR and asked about salary and start date. Didn't hear back for 2 months, then received a call offering me the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible - take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Art Institute of Houston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Art Institute of Houston interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Art Institute of Houston employees and interview candidates.