Art Van Furniture

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Art Van Furniture in October 2014.

Well it was a job fair, I spoke with the main manager, then he set me up and interview with the store manager. The interview was honestly really cool. She was very nice. She didn't ask many questions. I haven't started yet but I will in a week. I'm excited.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you want to work at your current job anymore?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in October 2014.

I came in on a job fair and had two interviews in the spam of two days. the first was a supervisor than the next was with the manager. asked to wear dress slacks and tie along with suit jacket. Be professional with hair cut and nice shoes

Housekeeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Art Van Furniture.

I submitted an application for Art Van online, before the official opening of the store. I was called back a few days later, maybe a week or so, and asked a few initial questions. I answered to the best of my ability, and was told I'd be called back in a few days, and would be told whether or not they wanted me to come in for an interview. I was called back, asked a few more questions, and was asked to come in for an interview. I went in, talked to a manager for maybe a few minutes; it was very informal, we talked out on the sales floor, sitting in arm chairs. The interviewer was very nice, and it was a good change of pace to have such a relaxed interview. He said they couldn't see any reason why I wouldn't be hired, so as I was leaving he walked me over to a few other mangers to introduce me, and I was called the day before their "grand opening event" and was asked to come in for a final interview. I went in that friday and spoke with the main manager, and he asked me to begin work that very next day.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, none of the questions were difficult, or unexpected. The only thing that caught me a little off guard was when one of the managers had me walk around the store with him, pointing out anything that needed cleaned, or picked up, or was out of place. We walked around the entire store, and it was actually a little awkward, but I understood why it was necessary.   Answer Question

Customer Pick-Up Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Art Van Furniture.

I first talked to a guy that wasnt even in my department. He told me I would work max 25 hrs and then it went to 40-50 hrs. I talked to the lead dog for 5 min and he said that I was a perfect fit. I started the next week and was on my way to making a living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in August 2013.

Received a call for an interview not long after applying. Interview went well and was called in a few days for drug test. Then they set me up for training which was paid.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall any real difficult questions.Had to answer about sales experience which I had.   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in April 2013.

Phone interview, then in person with Human Resources Manager, followed by in person interview with Regional Sales Manager, lastly final interview with the V.P. of Sales. This can be shortened, they often try to get the HR manager and Regional Manager together to consolidate the interview process. They found me online and contacted me. Make sure you look the part, dress professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Very focused on getting your thought process. Emphasize constantly self improvement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Art Van Furniture.

Called and asked if I was interested. Was then asked to come in and interview. Arrived fifteen minutes early and then had to sit and wait for over an hour to be interviewed. He asked a few questions off of a sheet with no personality. He cut off my answers then started talking about the position. I talked less than 10% of the time in the interview. I was then asked to wait for another interview and sat for another hour. The second manager came out and was a bit of a conceited jerk. Worst interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • Did you find the building ok? Seriously, that was the hardest question. Elementary level interview.   View Answer
    Commission. No negotiation.

CRM Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in September 2012.

Fairly standard and laid back. Met with HR, VP of advertising and marketing, then IT. Required 5 references who were thoroughly questioned. Interview with reporting manager was lengthy and went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected or difficult in the interview itself. The most unexpected part was the salary negotiation. Also I should have asked more specific questions about the organization's ability to support the goals of the position   Answer Question
    Hold your ground and stay high. The salary was not in fair market value but the opportunity was worth the compromise. The job was very different than what was described; more hours, less of what I had hoped

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in January 2010.

Simple process overall, Just questions about yourself and career experience.

None, it was commission.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Art Van Furniture in December 2008.

I had to interview with all 4 managers and the operations manager. They ran off a sheet of questions. No real personality was shown

Interview Questions
    • Furniture in its self, the things that you needed to know as a furniture person that you would not know by owning.   Answer Question
    it was total commision