Artech Information Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Artech Information Systems in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and then couldn't talk on phone. He promised to return phone call which he didn't. In the meantime, I figured out which company he was trying to place for and learned they did not have the contract for the advertised position.

Interview Questions

• Can I call you back in 5 to 10 minutes?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Cursory interview to confirm skills, with in-depth interview left to client. No benefits whatsoever offered, just hourly pay. I would like to say more, but there is not a great deal to add. At the time, I had been out of work for a while and needed the work, so they took advantage of the situation, and would not budge on pay, benefits, or even holidays. They offered the possibility of being hired by the client permanently after 3 months, but the client was not aware of this and it was not the client's policy. For me, it turned out to be a body shop. Once placed, I was pretty much forgotten.

Negotiation

None. Given my situation, they offered the least possible pay, no benefits, and would not give an inch. Contract-for-hire stated, but client did not concur with this. Initial contract was for 3 months, but after I was extended (through my own efforts), claimed 3 - 6 months. Company did not review or increase rate even though I got myself extended twice more. I would be reluctant to work with them in the future.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems.

Interview

Process was a breeze and they all were extremely professional. Salary the offered is way to less as compare to other companies looking for a same titled position. Seemed like a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Bound to show W2 for the last 2 years. Seemed strange and unlawful. AS what previous salary has to do with newer job. In this case they offered me 22000 less knowingly how much I was making.   Answer Question

Salary was too less and promises of making at least 20000 in commissions. But when you have family can not stay on hopes.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

No surprises, except that the client did repeated interviews. Client chose to communicate directly with me, bypassing the agency...not sure if it was because of a language barrier or not...the agency is an Indian agency with some difficulty in understanding conversation over the phone. Was first said there would only be one in person interview, but the client asked for a second and then a barrage of supporting materials.

Negotiation

There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Desktop Support Interview

Interview

This was a contract position; no direct hire. Interview Process involved a phone call and or email with a contract position needing to be filled with a required response with an updated resume. A phone call followed with general discussion about potential start date and whether or not the duties could be performed as well as the hourly rate for the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; simply a passing on of information about what the client was offering to pay as an hourly rate for the position.

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Artech Information Systems.

Interview

No Interview-transferred from Pomeroy who gave phone interview

Client Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems.

Interview

Simple and Easy to go through during a process that can be emotional; the recruiting specialist are amazing, detail oriented and look out for the best interest of all parties involved. They are great at assessing your experience and assure your compensation is of the highest level possible.

Interview Questions

• Asking for my Social Security Information over the phone or email through the process was not information I was willing to share. I was very apprehensive not because of anything Artech did but because this was my first time involved with a Contracting Recruiting Firm. Now as I reflect, I had nothing to worry about especially since I was offered the position at the pay rate that I was seeking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and Quick Turnaround

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems (Denver, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was comfortable. The people I work for are down to earth and great to work with.

Interview Questions

• What things do you need to improve on as it pertains to your field of employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an open negotiation where both parties met sort of in the middle.

Principal/Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Artech Information Systems (Rockville, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Received a suspicious e-mail from some lady named Lin about job opportunity asking for my resume/CV. She must have picked up my credentials from another online job search website. After she contacted me, I replied with my resume/CV the following day. Almost a week goes by since she e-mailed me, I decided to call her. She admitted that she had not seen my CV or even remember e-mailing me. Then lists the qualifications required (PhD, BSL3, budget planning, 3-5 years experience, etc.) which I surpassed. And I explained over the phone, yes, I have done all those, but please take a look at my CV and get back to me. So she pulls up my two page comprehensive CV listing all my skills, publications, etc. and in less than a second, stated I'm not what they're looking for. Then why e-mail me again? The service they provide may be beneficial but the professionalism is lacking.

Interview Questions

• Only question was 'where do you see yourself in the future'.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Artech Information Systems in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very consistant and easy both with the employer and Artech. Artech was great in ensuring client information and interview schedules were accurate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very fast and smooth.