Arthritis Foundation

www.arthritis.org

Arthritis Foundation Interview Questions

Community Development Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthritis Foundation in April 2013.

The Arthritis Foundation has an extremely detailed application form that must be completed prior to any telephone or face to face interview. The application includes going back as far as High School, asking for favortie classes and grade point average. I don't think I've ever been asked those types of detailed questions regarding High School before. They wanted the same for college, also asking what classes you liked the least.

After they review that the application is complete, you are infomred that you will receive a phone call. It was a very quick turn around time after completing the applicatin, which made me feel valued because I'd spent so much time on the application. The person whom I spoke with for the initial telephone interview also thanked me for filling out the application.

They asked the basic questions in the telephone interview and said they would get back to me with the time and location for a face to face meeting. I didn't hear from them within the time period they gave me; however they did eventually call and set the face to face meeting up with the local and a regional representative.

We met at a restaurant and unfortunately, they made me feel like I was just one of many that was interviewing that day. One of the staff admitted that they really didn't remember anything that was on my resume, application, or really anything about me. Frustrating, and made me feel, yet again, that I was just filling a interview space for the day, nothing special.

When the time came for me to ask them questions, I was very surprised that they didn't seem to know some basic information about operations. Maybe they felt that the information was confidentail, but I believed that the information was crucial to a candidate being able to be successful in the position. They seemed to want a lot, yet not have any structure of support.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. They seemed to be on auto pilot for the interview.   Answer Question

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthritis Foundation in April 2012.

The HR Director is disorganized and doesn't listen when you speak - so she is not very helpful. I learned everything about the position and organization from the person I interviewed with. And, I had to follow up to find out that I actually got the job!

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity.

Intern Interview

Sent in resume and was given a call back for an interview. After the interview, I received a call 2 weeks later to congratulate me on my new position.

There was no negotiation as this was an internship position

Development & Services Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthritis Foundation in December 2011.

I was contacted by the Regional VP via email about 6 weeks after submitting my credentials to the district office via email. Her mannerisms were dry and she asked to schedule a phone interview with her for the following day. The phone interview was about an hour and consisted of a review of my previous work history and education, where she alluded to the fact that I may be "over educated" for the position, as I have a graduate degree. At the conclusion of the phone interview she invited me for an in-person interview with her. That interview was a longer version of the phone interview, with similar questions and a more in-depth explanation of the position. She seemed put off by my previous salary which was higher than "what was budgeted for this position." The interview went well overall and I was then invited to interview with the CEO and local office director. That interview, as I was told by the CEO, was "flawless." I was then contacted a few days later to submit a background check. After that, I had to take it upon myself to inquire about status updates and was strung along by the Regional VP who said that they were still in the process of checking references/background and would get back to me soon. I never heard from them again, despite a final email inquiring about the status of my background check and my consideration within the hiring process, which I find to be unprofessional. Overall, the lack of communication following multiple good interviews was disconcerting, but I would still be interested in working for the organization as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you could have handled better?   View Answer
    • What is your experience working with volunteers?   Answer Question