ArthroCare

ArthroCare Interview Questions

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArthroCare in January 2014.

I submitted my resume online and got a response within a few days. I met with the hiring manager for lunch. He spoke at length about the work, the department, the business and the company. The actual interviews were an all day affair. I met at their offices in the morning with HR. Then I met with 6+ managers, senior managers, prospective co-workers and the president for 20-30 minute discussions. Then I talked with HR again at the end of the day. They called me the day of the announcement to tell me that they were not going to extend an offer due to the buy out.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were directed at how I would help with each individual's needs or past examples of similar work.   Answer Question

Senior Payroll & Benefits Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ArthroCare in October 2013.

I was excited to interview with this company...went through a recruiter and knew they needed to fill the position asap as the current person had already given her 2 weeks notice. I interviewed over the phone on a Fri, told them I could start the following Tues to get the most information from the exiting employee, and was asked by the supervisor (who had only been with the co for 7 months) to come in Monday to meet face to face. I though just a formality since I was completely qualified and had been doing the exact same position for years in another state. After taking Monday to drive there (45 min) and interview in person with her (1 1/2 hours - she was 20 min late) she tells me that 'to be honest' she had a previous co-worker (friend) from another company also interested. Add to that, my interviewers boss was brand new too and had just started 2 weeks ago (read: I can get my friend hired since this gal doesn't know what she's doing yet being so new, and I can just waste this gals day making it appear that I'm being impartial to my friend). I found out from the recruiter that that person didn't come in to interview until Thursday (wasting days that I could've actually been doing the job and learning valuable info from the current employee). Handled very unprofessionally and I'm guessing not in the best interest of the company.

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArthroCare.

One phone interview, multiple onsite interviews. This position had been open on and off for over a year. There have been many recruiters hunting to fill the position, and despite myself and several qualified engineers interviewing, the position continues to be unfilled (after 1.5 years). I think they are looking more for a specific cultural fit and will train this magical person the appropriate engineering skills, rather than hiring a competent engineer who may not fit into their unique culture. Good luck with that.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked very pointed questions by one of the directors, questions like "what does everyone else do better than you". And then "give me a specific example of when you failed". There were about 6 of these aggressive put-you-on-the-spot type of questions. Better have good answers!   Answer Question

Director of Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ArthroCare in July 2011.

Started with a short phone interview. Very positive. I then visited their Austin site, at my expense because I was going to be in the area for other business. Ist meeting very disorganized. Had 2 face to face, but 3rd couldn't make it. Hiring manager (Sr. Director) was to video conference in from California Couldn't get VC system to work so I sat alone in small room on thephone with HM in California on her cell phone. None-the-less, ended positive. "many opportunities for you, here." Flew me to their California site - which was in the process of shutting down to consolidate in Austin. Several interviews, 1:1, panel, panel with conf line to a thirs site. Came away with strong expectations. They spent the next couple of weeks trying to organize a meeting with Sr VP of Operation & Quality Assurance. Final wound up with a telephone interview. Was very positive. Follow-up with HR Director: "Promise" of offer. Followed a week or two later with a background check. No issues. I was then told tha my offer letter was routing. A week later, when I check on status, I was told that they decided to "Change Direction". My f/u with Sr VP: I wanted you but needed to let hiring manager make her own decision; but do not know why she changed her mind. End of discussion.

Interview Questions
    • What causes you to lose your temper or get angry?   View Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ArthroCare in May 2011.

Disappointing. Not very professional.
       First, a Phone interview with the hiring manager, mainly questions about my background and experience but also few technical questions.
    One week later, a phone interview with the HR manager, questions about my current position, location, salary.
    Next day, HR called again requesting copies of pay stubs, Tax forms and reference names, numbers.
    Later that same day later, HR called again, this time to schedule on-site interviews.
    On-site interviews occurred one week later. Sequential Interviews with 4 managers. Most of them appeared not be prepared for my interview and not even informed about the position I was interviewing for. At end of interviews day, I asked HR rep. to let me know decision, one way or the other, just so I am aware and can focus on other job offers.
    HR never called. It took 2 months to get reimbursed for my travel expenses.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArthroCare in April 2010.

The job changed somewhere in the interview process. I responded and accepted an invitation for a manager posiiton, but was told furing the interview process that the position "actually" was a staff position. Took several months to get reimbursed for travel expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Aren't you worried about relocating?   View Answer
    • You know that you will not supervising us, don't you?   View Answer

Tooling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArthroCare in August 2009.

- Sequentially interviewed with 5 managers (3 irrelevant).
    - Lots of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions. Puhleeze!
    - HR person seemed a tad unprofessional.
    - Chose the other candidate (must have been Leonardo Da Vinci).

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ArthroCare in September 2008.

Got a phone interview with a manager who appeared to be distracted. Asked questions about the experiences listed on my resume, but didn't ask any probing questions. When I tried to get the interviewer to speak in more details about the requirements of the job I was told that I obviously was qualified. No opportunity to establish a rapport.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you left your last job.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between process validation and design validation.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ArthroCare in March 2008.

Started with a thirty minute phone screen with hiring manager. Then 1 hr face to face with manager. Third step consisted of a meeting with Area Manager for an hour. Final interview was 45 minute interview with the General Manager. Drug Screen, Back Ground Check, Ref Checks, Formal Offer.

Interview Questions
    • who do you put first company or family?   View Answer
    Negotiable base. Talked way from 55 to 65K base

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ArthroCare in August 2012.

I exchanged emails with one of the sales directors for several months and had a few phone conversations. Then had a face to face interview at one of their customers offices in their bus/rv with my contact and a national sales manager. Very awkward interview as one person acted as if I was wasting their time and even went through what seemed like good cop bad cop. After about 10 minutes, one left and the other conducted the rest of the 10 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several medical questions which I passed, as I had prepared and studied for the interview thoroughly. Make it sound like they just want sales but they basically want someone who is choosing between sales or med school.   Answer Question