Arthur D. Little Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in April 2008.

Above average process, however inabaility to uncover creative and analytical skills

Interview Questions
    Dont accept unless your happy with the salary, bonuses are poor as company is nor doing well and very political on bonuses

Analyst / Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in October 2007.

Begins with campus/phone interviews, usual to discuss background and a short case. If successful, you get called into the office for in-person interviews. It starts with a group presentation, where you speak about your qualifications and fit to several employees. Then it moves on to 3-4 one-on-one interviews, where it is again about your experience as well as a case. Types of cases very among interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the cases were more difficult than others, but the hardest ones required more quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Challenging interview process. I passed through three rounds totaling five interviews.

First round - 2 interviews by Senior Consultants. At this level the interviews consisted mainly on brain-teasers and business conversations to test the candidate's business acumen.

Second round - 2 interviews by a Principle and a Partner. As the level of the interviewers increased, the interviews got more challenging. They mostly consisted in some market sizing questions and a business case. One of the two interviewer tried to take me out of my comfort-zone by criticizing my assumptions and observations.

Third round - 1 interview with a Partner. My last interview in ADL has been just a chat about business with another partner, no business case.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arthur D. Little.

So far I have only had the first round of interviews - over the phone (was scheduled for Skype). The interview lasted 1 hours and included some motivational questions (15 mins) and two case questions (45 mins). Interviewer was really friendly and helpful in the case.

Interview Questions
    • Case questions - I was not aware it would be case based. They cases are very broad.   Answer Question
    No offer yet - passed first rounds

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in March 2014.

I've been called for an interview after almost 2 most from my candidacy by email. The interview process was pretty clear and quick. After 1 month and three days from my first interview I've got an offer.
    The different steps of the interview process were the following:
    - 1st round: interviews with 2 Managers. Each of them asked me a brainteaser (that I didn't expect) and 1 Business Case.
    - 2nd round: interviews with 2 Principal. The first asked me just a business case. The second one asked me 1 brain teaser and 1 business case.
    - 3rd round: 1 Partner. Long conversation (around 1.5-2 hours) about background, professional experience, expectations and motivations and further questions about the company.
    - 4th round: planned with the Managing Partner but then had with another Partner. Same kind of long conversation as the 3rd round.

Each round I've been impressed by the people and their positive attitude towards the company. It was clear that they were happy to work for ADL and they looked at their professional development within the company.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser were a bit challenging, but this mostly because I didn't expect to solve those kind of problems. With a good preparation they are solvable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The salary is strictly tied to the level you're going to enter in the company.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Two rounds of one-on-one interviews with two principals. One focused on mostly experience, with a short brain teaser. The other was a full length case on a real project the interviewer worked on in Europe plus three questions regarding the background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • The case was not conventional, with a bit of game theory twist.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in April 2013.

there are 3 rounds which you have to pass. every round you see someone different and you need to solve different types of cases: estimation questions, presentation cases, business cases..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in February 2013.

In the first round of the interview, I spoke with three managers of the firm. Each of them asked me about my personal resume and cv. They asked me both in english and in italian something about my technical competences and about my past experiences

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arthur D. Little in December 2012.

Applied online, got an interview schedueled pretty fast afterwards on their "super friday", when consultants are in the home office and have time. 3 stages:
    1. - logical test (I believe I have very good analytical skills, however this test was VERY hard) --> good answer: +1 point, bad answer -1point. 1 hr long for 60 questions.
    2 - first interview with consultant: general CV questions, case study from his current project, brainteaser
    3 - second interview: same as above.
    You only get to the round with the consultants if you pass the written test. Cases were hard and they didnt like out of the box thinking, just simply wanted to hear their opinion. corporate finance questions and calculating in head a lot! very conservative and strict company.

Interview Questions
    • random questions, like how much does a boeing cost ( multiple choice with VERY similar numbers...how are you supposed to know ?!)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

2 round of interviews. 2 consultants/partners each. 1 hour of duration each. 2 business cases/ brain teasers each.