Arthur D. Little Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview; there were 3 rounds - each involving a bit of HR related questions and one or two case studies or puzzles (listed below). Each interview was conducted very professionally while exuding a strong interpersonal culture that is characteristic of ADL.

Note: I was suffering from a viral infection during the interview and the Principal who took the interview went out of his way to make me feel comfortable during the interview

Interview Questions

• Case Study: Deciding on the location of an airport   Answer Question
    • Case Study: Deciding future course of action for a radio station in India   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Above average process, however inabaility to uncover creative and analytical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont accept unless your happy with the salary, bonuses are poor as company is nor doing well and very political on bonuses

Analyst / Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Begins with campus/phone interviews, usual to discuss background and a short case. If successful, you get called into the office for in-person interviews. It starts with a group presentation, where you speak about your qualifications and fit to several employees. Then it moves on to 3-4 one-on-one interviews, where it is again about your experience as well as a case. Types of cases very among interviews.

Interview Questions

• Some of the cases were more difficult than others, but the hardest ones required more quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiting process : CV and cover letter + 3 rounds of interviews (always with a more senior employee at the next round).
    They started by asking me some question about my CV, why I want to join them, my strenghts and weaknesses in French and Dutch (national languages) and then, there was a case in English (Double the size of a Belgian PVC pipes company in 5 years)

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

The whole process was well prepared with a professional attitude. After I managed to pass the math/verbal reasoning test, I had three rounds with managers/principal, and finished with a presentation in front of senior management in the main meeting room (the small case was sent upfront and I had to prepare and present some basic insights). Very interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic market estimations, quick "feasibility" studies (Does it make sense to build a XY in Z?), logical questions etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule an interview with Manager in the KL office. Typically there are 5 interviews for the Consultant position, 4 of them being with Managers and the last one being with a Principal.

Interview Questions

• I was given a profitability case on a manufacturing company which had seen its profits drop drastically over the last 2 years. The case objective was to find out why and what steps should be taken to reverse the profit decline.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (Milan (Italy)) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty much the same of other strategy consultancy firms. 4 interviews with 1 or 2 business cases each and 1 with a Partner of the company. The first round is composed by 2 interviwes done by 2 managers; In the second round you meet two Principal and in the last one a Partner

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

Challenging interview process. I passed through three rounds totaling five interviews.

First round - 2 interviews by Senior Consultants. At this level the interviews consisted mainly on brain-teasers and business conversations to test the candidate's business acumen.

Second round - 2 interviews by a Principle and a Partner. As the level of the interviewers increased, the interviews got more challenging. They mostly consisted in some market sizing questions and a business case. One of the two interviewer tried to take me out of my comfort-zone by criticizing my assumptions and observations.

Third round - 1 interview with a Partner. My last interview in ADL has been just a chat about business with another partner, no business case.

Interview Questions

• "How many birthday-candles are blown in a year in London?"   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arthur D. Little (London, England (UK)).

Interview

So far I have only had the first round of interviews - over the phone (was scheduled for Skype). The interview lasted 1 hours and included some motivational questions (15 mins) and two case questions (45 mins). Interviewer was really friendly and helpful in the case.

Interview Questions

• Case questions - I was not aware it would be case based. They cases are very broad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No offer yet - passed first rounds

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arthur D. Little (Milan (Italy)) in March 2014.

Interview

I've been called for an interview after almost 2 most from my candidacy by email. The interview process was pretty clear and quick. After 1 month and three days from my first interview I've got an offer.
    The different steps of the interview process were the following:
    - 1st round: interviews with 2 Managers. Each of them asked me a brainteaser (that I didn't expect) and 1 Business Case.
    - 2nd round: interviews with 2 Principal. The first asked me just a business case. The second one asked me 1 brain teaser and 1 business case.
    - 3rd round: 1 Partner. Long conversation (around 1.5-2 hours) about background, professional experience, expectations and motivations and further questions about the company.
    - 4th round: planned with the Managing Partner but then had with another Partner. Same kind of long conversation as the 3rd round.

Each round I've been impressed by the people and their positive attitude towards the company. It was clear that they were happy to work for ADL and they looked at their professional development within the company.

Interview Questions

• The brain teaser were a bit challenging, but this mostly because I didn't expect to solve those kind of problems. With a good preparation they are solvable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is strictly tied to the level you're going to enter in the company.