Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

3.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in February 2014.

I got to know about the company during a career fair at my school. After learning more and applying I got an interview within the 5 weeks. After the interview I got an email with the offer within 3 days. During the process the hiring manager was very informative and great overall. They basically want someone who is truly interested in the industry, job, and sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I applied through my university's career portal. Got a response within a few days. First interview was 30 min over the phone. Basic questions regarding my resume and why I wanted to work at Gallagher. Immediately got invited to interview at office location. That interview took 90 minutes (30 min for each interviewer). All were easy to talk to and seemed very smart. One did not ask me a thing about my resume but rather hosted a conversation about the industry and asked me a few strange questions. Overall warm welcoming into the office and the people seemed like they would be great colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • What insurance company needed a gov't bailout in '08?
      Who was responsible for Target's credit card fraud incident?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Submit resume online, then a phone interview, then step 1 of onsite interviews with 3 in one day, each with 2 people and 30 min long. If you pass that you go onto step 2 interviews with 4 in one day and each is with 2 people and an hour long.
    Everyone was very nice, just be yourself and make sure you have things to say about their company and your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingham Farms, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingham Farms, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2012.

Met with a president and vice-president for an interview.Did not get offer till January but interviewed in November. Some branches interview 50 people and only 4-10 get a internship. The HQ in Chicago hire 40+ interns. If asked back you either are a senior getting a job offer or a junior coming back for a 2nd internship where you are almost guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why isn't your GPA any higher than it currently is?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in February 2011.

Internship interview for Gallagher Benefit Services. After submitting my application materials, I had a 30 min. phone interview with the employee who referred me to the position. Questions included academic projects of which I was proud and questions about my strengths and weaknesses. This was followed by an on-site interview with a former intern, senior consultant, and area vice president. I met with each person independently for approx. 45 mins. The area vice president was running the internship program, and he explained the program rather than asking interview questions. Suit recommended for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2011.

Application process followed by an interview. Interview was done by two individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into sales?
      Why would you be a good fit?
      What is your biggest weakness/strength?
      Tell us about your experience?
      What is your biggest failure?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Phone Interview. Pretty standard. Why are you interested in the industry/

Interview Questions
    • What did you do today? Was awkward because we had already done the greetings and how are you's and the interview had started   View Answer