Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Billing Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I interviewed with this company on two separate occasions. Once in 2012 and again in 2014.
    The first was with a few high level individuals who were less than friendly and ultimately I was not offered the job. Again in 2014 I was working with an employment agency - Accounting Principals, who coordinated another interview with a new group of management. When I mentioned to the agency I had previously interviewed with the company, I was advised not to mention this during this interview???? I proceeded to interview with a Billing Manager & Supervisor, who were not too friendly or polite either. They both were drinking water, but didn't show me the courtesy of offering me anything. I really felt like the Manager was questioning everything on my resume as if she thought I was lying. Afterward, according to the Recruiter, the Manager said she thought my experience was only with automated billings rather than manual billings and she had her doubts.
    Oddly enough they asked me back for a second interview with the same Manager and another Supervisor (not sure why I agreed). I didn't feel positive or pleasant experience this time either. The Manager was actually yawning while I was talking to her.
    I was unable to ask many questions of my own since the agency Recruiter was knocking on the door shortly after each interview began RUDELY indicating the interview time was up. The Recruiter even referred to it as "speed interviewing".
    I was not offered a job after this go around either, but I can' say I'm upset about it. I feel like I dodged that bullet!
    This company is really scary. All you have to do on any given day of any year is look at the company's job postings for Billing, A/R, A/P, including Managers, etc. continuously peppered on the internet job boards to see the company has a seriously high turnover rate. Not to mention, 9 out of 10 calls I have ever received from recruiters for these types of roles is for positions with this company. What a joke!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions. Just questions about my past experiences that seemed to come across more confrontational than as general prospective employer interest.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Applied online for the internship
    Was contacted for phone interview within a week
    Phone interview lasted roughly twenty minutes and consistess of a number of basic questions based on resume and interest in the industry.
    Was contacted to set up on site interviews (4 rounds in a day) within a week.

Gallagher Sales Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2014.

Had one first round phone interview that was pretty straightforward. Mostly consisted of behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They also asked why AJG and why I was interested in sales. I then had a final round interview at the Itasca, IL headquarters. This consisted of three back to back 2on1 interviews. Really nice people who generally wanted to learn about you as a person and see if you would be a strong fit with Gallagher. Asked a few random questions, but nothing to panic about. Know about the company, and have a genuine strong interest in the industry.

Interview Questions
    I received a phone call the day after my final interview notifying me of my offer.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2014.

The process was efficient and very clear in their instructions. The interviewers were nice, but also tough. They really seek out great salespeople. Some of the questions are challenging, but just be confident, and you're fine. Make sure to do your research and know how to sell, and be ready to interview as a salesperson.

Sales Interview

I signed up through on-campus recruiting and did an interview at my school. The interview was standard and straightforward. They just wanted to get to know my personality to see if I am fit for sales work. Just be yourself and let them get to know you and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • None-It was a conversation..not even too many questions.   Answer Question

Network Operations Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Initial technical phone screening, where your strengths are (network or systems), previous experiences, what tools they use and whether you have used them and to what extent

In person interview with supervisors mirrored the phone interview a bit, in person also included meeting with the NOC manager, and Operations Director.

The manager interview was more so on the culture of the NOC group, where you see yourself, what can you bring to the group.

Interview with Director was refreshing for me since I have yet to interact with a Director- was able to get his experiences, and where he would like to see the group grow, what hurdles they have lept to get the NOC running.

Overall the interviewing was easy...if you have a grasp on basic networking, understanding of network components, servers/systems, and have work in an enterprise environment, have basic interpersonal skills you should be fine.

No negotiation phase other than start date, since this was a contract position, hourly wage was discussed before interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

One interview with two supervisors, background check passed, hired within 10 days. Most the time the interview process takes up to 4-6 weeks but I did have 2 friends in high positions, and that is a definite plus if you are trying to gt on with this company.

More than I expected

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

The hiring and interview process went extremely well. Better than I had imagined, I could not ask for anything else. It was a great experience all around and I would really enjoy to do it all over again.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in June 2014.

I had an initial phone interview, which involved a lot of "tell me a time when thus and such happened and how you reacted" type questions. They sent me an online aptitude test to take. It was pretty much an easier version of the SAT or GRE. The questions involved basic math and vocabulary. A few weeks later they called me and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. They asked a number of the same questions that were asked in the phone interview. Again it was mostly "what would you do/what did you do" type questions. After about a week they contacted me via email and asked me to verify the details of my online application so that they could give my information to the company that does their background checks. The background check company emailed me and had me give them seven years worth of work history, including company contact information, supervisors, and salaries. After my background check came back clean, HR called me with a job offer and then sent an email with specific job offer details.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any curve ball questions. Be prepared to answer questions like, "Tell us about a time you had to solve a difficult problem/how you reacted to criticism/how you prioritize to get everything done."   Answer Question
    I made no negotiations. I was content with the offer as it was.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question