Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

Initial call, directly from hiring manager - phone screen while I was driving in my car. Next, in person interview with the hiring manager. Second interview was scheduled to meet additional people that the role would interact with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Show me work samples. Information about the projects that the role would become apart of.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

They will not ask you anything that is written on your resume. They simply want to understand if you can make a cold call, if you are good at networking, and do you have what it takes to sell insurance.

Interview Questions

• What would be your first step to find a company to sell to?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

In person single party lasting two weeks to one month. One person single interview. No subsequent interviews. Good questions and dialogue. Standard interview questions posed and open ended questions. Good back and forth dialogue.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

1st interview phone screening. 2nd interview in person one-on-one with manager. Very standard questions. 3rd interview with panel of people, who kept bringing up an entirely different position, that lasted for over two hours. Then I got a generic rejection EMAIL. I've *never* received an email rejection after a face-to-face interview. Let alone after several interviews. I can easily accept not getting the position, but I did expect at least a phone call.. Real class act.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submit an application online. Wait a few weeks and then receive a phone call for a phone interview. After awhile they called me back and invited me into the office for a more formal in person interview. Talked to 5 guys around the office. It took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• They ask you how you would be good in the insurance industry   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

Had a total over 3 interviews with different managers over a 2 week period. One was with my account lead, then another one with the account exec and then the last one with the CEO

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations? Are you bilingual? Do you currently have a Group One License?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1. phone screen with HR generalist (10 minutes) 2. phone call with hiring manager (25-35 minutes) 3. on site (met with 4 people, 2 hours total) 4. was obvious I would receive offer, verbal offer received 3-4 days after on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? Describe your current job? Which programs/functions would you say are your strongest? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application in mid-March and was sent the Wonderlic assessment a few weeks later. Once it was determined that I met the qualifications on my Wonderlic, I received an email stating I was being scheduled for a phone interview in April. I didn't actually receive the phone call until May, but it will definitely keep you on your toes on anticipation. Once I got the call I interviewed with a branch manager who was really extremely pleasant, any question that I didn't understand she gave me an example of what she meant. There were a lot of situational questions, "tell me about a time..." Overall the phone interview was concise but relaxed/professional. She gave me immediate feedback and was very thorough in her explanation of the position. She let me know right away that I would be coming in the following week for my in-person interview. The next week I received a phone call from another branch manager to schedule me for the in person. When I arrived I was met promptly by the branch manager who immediately made me feel welcomed, he smiled and was very warm. The process started with me re-taking the Wonderlic, I assume to ensure that you didn't cheat on the one you took at home. I breezed through it and then began my three personal panel interview, led by the lead branch manager. It was much again the situational what would you do type questions, some of them the same as phone interview but most of them different. I did notice that your responses are scaled. At the end I was given a sheet that asked my proficiency in different functions of Microsoft Word and Excel, then told the next step in the process is to undergo a background screening and then offer letters would mailed out from there. I am currently awaiting the results of my background screening.

Interview Questions

• What kind of boss would you prefer?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you had to do something you didn't agree with, what was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. I first received a random phone call from a manager whom immediately began interviewing me via phone. The manager developed an interest and requested to see me in person. I later met with the manager and a Client. The mood in the room was very blain and lackluster. Some of the questions asked by the Client seemed to stir away from the actual job title and responsibilities. I wish I had read Glassdoor's reviews on this company to prepare me for this debacle. On a good note, the employees seemed very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   2 Answers

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very disorganized - they rescheduled a few times. I worked with a Recruiter and I met with them 2 separate times. After meeting with the leaders I followed up and there was no feedback to me or the Recruiter. Two months later they said they had decided to take the position in another direction

Interview Questions

• Standard interview/experience questions   1 Answer