Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – One interview with two supervisors, background check passed, hired within 10 days. Most the time the interview process takes up to 4-6 weeks but I did have 2 friends in high positions, and that is a definite plus if you are trying to gt on with this company.

Negotiation Details – More than I expected

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Claims Representative Trainee
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview, which involved a lot of "tell me a time when thus and such happened and how you reacted" type questions. They sent me an online aptitude test to take. It was pretty much an easier version of the SAT or GRE. The questions involved basic math and vocabulary. A few weeks later they called me and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. They asked a number of the same questions that were asked in the phone interview. Again it was mostly "what would you do/what did you do" type questions. After about a week they contacted me via email and asked me to verify the details of my online application so that they could give my information to the company that does their background checks. The background check company emailed me and had me give them seven years worth of work history, including company contact information, supervisors, and salaries. After my background check came back clean, HR called me with a job offer and then sent an email with specific job offer details.

Interview Question – There weren't any curve ball questions. Be prepared to answer questions like, "Tell us about a time you had to solve a difficult problem/how you reacted to criticism/how you prioritize to get everything done."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made no negotiations. I was content with the offer as it was.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went extremely well. Better than I had imagined, I could not ask for anything else. It was a great experience all around and I would really enjoy to do it all over again.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Claims Representative Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Accounts Receivable Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – First spoke with the talent acquisition specialist who laid down the foundation of the company, and where the company was headed. Then spoke with both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable supervisors who provided more detailed information about what the position would entail, including a general overview of the processes. Overall, the meeting was very laid back and general, where they provided me with more information then they did questions.

Interview Question – Are you looking into other companies or positions?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process can take anywhere from two weeks to a few months depending on the office location. The interview process is basic; they're going to ask you questions about your background, experience and goals which all seem to be standard.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Senior Claims Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – I was hired while temping and was offered a job.

Interview Question – Give an example of one of your highest achievements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy.

Intern Interview

Intern
Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career portal. Got a response within a few days. First interview was 30 min over the phone. Basic questions regarding my resume and why I wanted to work at Gallagher. Immediately got invited to interview at office location. That interview took 90 minutes (30 min for each interviewer). All were easy to talk to and seemed very smart. One did not ask me a thing about my resume but rather hosted a conversation about the industry and asked me a few strange questions. Overall warm welcoming into the office and the people seemed like they would be great colleagues.

Interview Question – What insurance company needed a gov't bailout in '08?
Who was responsible for Target's credit card fraud incident?
  Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview Details – Initial interview by phone, followed up by second interview which involved a presentation made from scratch.

Interview Question – Why Gallagher Basset.   Answer Question

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!