Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions & Reviews

47 interviews

2.8

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in March 2014.

I experienced wonderful communication right off the bat from the hiring manager. I did a phone interview and was told the recruiting process up front with clear timelines. All ran smoothly and I was updated on progress as time passed until I was hired. The onboarding was painless and most done before you start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult and non responisve hring manager?   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiabtion. They gave me what I asked for but I was within reason.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in May 2014.

I had 2 interviews at this company. It appeared to be a small subsidiary of a larger company which had a lot of promise. The interviews were short and rushed. The first interview was with the hiring manager which kept her word by getting back to me after the interview. The 2nd interview was first with the hiring manager and then with her boss. The 2nd interviewer was not to inviting and again the interview process was rushed. I was told that I would receive a response by the end of that week to no avail. 2 weeks later, I sent a follow up email and received no response and no regret letter. Very unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

One interview with two supervisors, background check passed, hired within 10 days. Most the time the interview process takes up to 4-6 weeks but I did have 2 friends in high positions, and that is a definite plus if you are trying to gt on with this company.

More than I expected

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in June 2014.

I had an initial phone interview, which involved a lot of "tell me a time when thus and such happened and how you reacted" type questions. They sent me an online aptitude test to take. It was pretty much an easier version of the SAT or GRE. The questions involved basic math and vocabulary. A few weeks later they called me and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. They asked a number of the same questions that were asked in the phone interview. Again it was mostly "what would you do/what did you do" type questions. After about a week they contacted me via email and asked me to verify the details of my online application so that they could give my information to the company that does their background checks. The background check company emailed me and had me give them seven years worth of work history, including company contact information, supervisors, and salaries. After my background check came back clean, HR called me with a job offer and then sent an email with specific job offer details.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any curve ball questions. Be prepared to answer questions like, "Tell us about a time you had to solve a difficult problem/how you reacted to criticism/how you prioritize to get everything done."   Answer Question
    I made no negotiations. I was content with the offer as it was.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

The hiring and interview process went extremely well. Better than I had imagined, I could not ask for anything else. It was a great experience all around and I would really enjoy to do it all over again.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

First spoke with the talent acquisition specialist who laid down the foundation of the company, and where the company was headed. Then spoke with both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable supervisors who provided more detailed information about what the position would entail, including a general overview of the processes. Overall, the meeting was very laid back and general, where they provided me with more information then they did questions.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2010.

The hiring process can take anywhere from two weeks to a few months depending on the office location. The interview process is basic; they're going to ask you questions about your background, experience and goals which all seem to be standard.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I was hired while temping and was offered a job.

Very easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!