Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. I first received a random phone call from a manager whom immediately began interviewing me via phone. The manager developed an interest and requested to see me in person. I later met with the manager and a Client. The mood in the room was very blain and lackluster. Some of the questions asked by the Client seemed to stir away from the actual job title and responsibilities. I wish I had read Glassdoor's reviews on this company to prepare me for this debacle.

On a good note, the employees seemed very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   2 Answers

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2015.

Interview

Very efficient. Professional, but quite comfortable. 2 interviewers who gave a lot of detail on the account I would be working on. The test was the longest part of the interview and it was pretty detailed.

Billing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

I interviewed with this company on two separate occasions. Once in 2012 and again in 2014.
    The first was with a few high level individuals who were less than friendly and ultimately I was not offered the job. Again in 2014 I was working with an employment agency - Accounting Principals, who coordinated another interview with a new group of management. When I mentioned to the agency I had previously interviewed with the company, I was advised not to mention this during this interview???? I proceeded to interview with a Billing Manager & Supervisor, who were not too friendly or polite either. They both were drinking water, but didn't show me the courtesy of offering me anything. I really felt like the Manager was questioning everything on my resume as if she thought I was lying. Afterward, according to the Recruiter, the Manager said she thought my experience was only with automated billings rather than manual billings and she had her doubts.
    Oddly enough they asked me back for a second interview with the same Manager and another Supervisor (not sure why I agreed). I didn't feel positive or pleasant experience this time either. The Manager was actually yawning while I was talking to her.
    I was unable to ask many questions of my own since the agency Recruiter was knocking on the door shortly after each interview began RUDELY indicating the interview time was up. The Recruiter even referred to it as "speed interviewing".
    I was not offered a job after this go around either, but I can' say I'm upset about it. I feel like I dodged that bullet!
    This company is really scary. All you have to do on any given day of any year is look at the company's job postings for Billing, A/R, A/P, including Managers, etc. continuously peppered on the internet job boards to see the company has a seriously high turnover rate. Not to mention, 9 out of 10 calls I have ever received from recruiters for these types of roles is for positions with this company. What a joke!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult questions. Just questions about my past experiences that seemed to come across more confrontational than as general prospective employer interest.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

Applied online for the internship
    Was contacted for phone interview within a week
    Phone interview lasted roughly twenty minutes and consistess of a number of basic questions based on resume and interest in the industry.
    Was contacted to set up on site interviews (4 rounds in a day) within a week.

Gallagher Sales Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2014.

Interview

Had one first round phone interview that was pretty straightforward. Mostly consisted of behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They also asked why AJG and why I was interested in sales. I then had a final round interview at the Itasca, IL headquarters. This consisted of three back to back 2on1 interviews. Really nice people who generally wanted to learn about you as a person and see if you would be a strong fit with Gallagher. Asked a few random questions, but nothing to panic about. Know about the company, and have a genuine strong interest in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this water bottle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a phone call the day after my final interview notifying me of my offer.

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very simple and easy. I met them at a recruiting fair in the fall. We set up a campus interview for the following week. Then after that they got back to me and set up an interview at the headquarters in Itasca. That interview was rather hard because it was three hours long with 4 different sets of people. The best advice I could give is to speak intelligently and from the heart. Ask good follow up questions as well, but that can be said about any interview. The overall process was systematic and timely.

Interview Questions

• A lot of them just want to know what youre like and how you would fit in at the company. They asked a couple of specific sales questions such as "Sell me this water bottle"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a couple phone interviews, and then was asked to come to the office for a real interview. The interview was extremely easy and I was offered the job a week later.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2014.

Interview

The process was efficient and very clear in their instructions. The interviewers were nice, but also tough. They really seek out great salespeople. Some of the questions are challenging, but just be confident, and you're fine. Make sure to do your research and know how to sell, and be ready to interview as a salesperson.

Sales Interview

Interview

I signed up through on-campus recruiting and did an interview at my school. The interview was standard and straightforward. They just wanted to get to know my personality to see if I am fit for sales work. Just be yourself and let them get to know you and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• None-It was a conversation..not even too many questions.   Answer Question

Network Operations Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Initial technical phone screening, where your strengths are (network or systems), previous experiences, what tools they use and whether you have used them and to what extent

In person interview with supervisors mirrored the phone interview a bit, in person also included meeting with the NOC manager, and Operations Director.

The manager interview was more so on the culture of the NOC group, where you see yourself, what can you bring to the group.

Interview with Director was refreshing for me since I have yet to interact with a Director- was able to get his experiences, and where he would like to see the group grow, what hurdles they have lept to get the NOC running.

Overall the interviewing was easy...if you have a grasp on basic networking, understanding of network components, servers/systems, and have work in an enterprise environment, have basic interpersonal skills you should be fine.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase other than start date, since this was a contract position, hourly wage was discussed before interview