Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com
Employer Engaged

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.8

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

First spoke with the talent acquisition specialist who laid down the foundation of the company, and where the company was headed. Then spoke with both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable supervisors who provided more detailed information about what the position would entail, including a general overview of the processes. Overall, the meeting was very laid back and general, where they provided me with more information then they did questions.

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in May 2014.

I had 2 interviews at this company. It appeared to be a small subsidiary of a larger company which had a lot of promise. The interviews were short and rushed. The first interview was with the hiring manager which kept her word by getting back to me after the interview. The 2nd interview was first with the hiring manager and then with her boss. The 2nd interviewer was not to inviting and again the interview process was rushed. I was told that I would receive a response by the end of that week to no avail. 2 weeks later, I sent a follow up email and received no response and no regret letter. Very unprofessional.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in March 2014.

I experienced wonderful communication right off the bat from the hiring manager. I did a phone interview and was told the recruiting process up front with clear timelines. All ran smoothly and I was updated on progress as time passed until I was hired. The onboarding was painless and most done before you start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult and non responisve hring manager?   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiabtion. They gave me what I asked for but I was within reason.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I was hired while temping and was offered a job.

Very easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in February 2014.

I got to know about the company during a career fair at my school. After learning more and applying I got an interview within the 5 weeks. After the interview I got an email with the offer within 3 days. During the process the hiring manager was very informative and great overall. They basically want someone who is truly interested in the industry, job, and sales.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I applied through my university's career portal. Got a response within a few days. First interview was 30 min over the phone. Basic questions regarding my resume and why I wanted to work at Gallagher. Immediately got invited to interview at office location. That interview took 90 minutes (30 min for each interviewer). All were easy to talk to and seemed very smart. One did not ask me a thing about my resume but rather hosted a conversation about the industry and asked me a few strange questions. Overall warm welcoming into the office and the people seemed like they would be great colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • What insurance company needed a gov't bailout in '08?
      Who was responsible for Target's credit card fraud incident?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Initial interview by phone, followed up by second interview which involved a presentation made from scratch.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Nothing much out of the ordinary, but it was kind of on the unprofessional side, with a lot of humor displayed by the interviewer, no eye contact, and it just seemed not to flow well. Possibly the interviewer lacked good interviewing skills. They were pretty laid back, which unfortunately made it a little unclear how you ranked in their process.

Account Manager Interview

Initial phone interview was very detailed, followed by 2 in person interviews. Very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • What research did you do on the company other than our website?   Answer Question