Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Meeting with manager of division, reviewed my prior experience, the type of policies I was familiar with , how I would handle a crucial situation, My expectations, experience in commercial insurance, was I willing to relocate. do I adjust to change.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from them, experience   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

One interview with two supervisors, background check passed, hired within 10 days. Most the time the interview process takes up to 4-6 weeks but I did have 2 friends in high positions, and that is a definite plus if you are trying to gt on with this company.

Negotiation

More than I expected

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

The hiring and interview process went extremely well. Better than I had imagined, I could not ask for anything else. It was a great experience all around and I would really enjoy to do it all over again.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, which involved a lot of "tell me a time when thus and such happened and how you reacted" type questions. They sent me an online aptitude test to take. It was pretty much an easier version of the SAT or GRE. The questions involved basic math and vocabulary. A few weeks later they called me and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. They asked a number of the same questions that were asked in the phone interview. Again it was mostly "what would you do/what did you do" type questions. After about a week they contacted me via email and asked me to verify the details of my online application so that they could give my information to the company that does their background checks. The background check company emailed me and had me give them seven years worth of work history, including company contact information, supervisors, and salaries. After my background check came back clean, HR called me with a job offer and then sent an email with specific job offer details.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any curve ball questions. Be prepared to answer questions like, "Tell us about a time you had to solve a difficult problem/how you reacted to criticism/how you prioritize to get everything done."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made no negotiations. I was content with the offer as it was.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

First spoke with the talent acquisition specialist who laid down the foundation of the company, and where the company was headed. Then spoke with both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable supervisors who provided more detailed information about what the position would entail, including a general overview of the processes. Overall, the meeting was very laid back and general, where they provided me with more information then they did questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews at this company. It appeared to be a small subsidiary of a larger company which had a lot of promise. The interviews were short and rushed. The first interview was with the hiring manager which kept her word by getting back to me after the interview. The 2nd interview was first with the hiring manager and then with her boss. The 2nd interviewer was not to inviting and again the interview process was rushed. I was told that I would receive a response by the end of that week to no avail. 2 weeks later, I sent a follow up email and received no response and no regret letter. Very unprofessional.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I experienced wonderful communication right off the bat from the hiring manager. I did a phone interview and was told the recruiting process up front with clear timelines. All ran smoothly and I was updated on progress as time passed until I was hired. The onboarding was painless and most done before you start.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult and non responisve hring manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy negotiabtion. They gave me what I asked for but I was within reason.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

I was hired while temping and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

I got to know about the company during a career fair at my school. After learning more and applying I got an interview within the 5 weeks. After the interview I got an email with the offer within 3 days. During the process the hiring manager was very informative and great overall. They basically want someone who is truly interested in the industry, job, and sales.