Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com
  www.ajg.com

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.8

Senior Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I was hired while temping and was offered a job.

Very easy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in February 2014.

I got to know about the company during a career fair at my school. After learning more and applying I got an interview within the 5 weeks. After the interview I got an email with the offer within 3 days. During the process the hiring manager was very informative and great overall. They basically want someone who is truly interested in the industry, job, and sales.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

I applied through my university's career portal. Got a response within a few days. First interview was 30 min over the phone. Basic questions regarding my resume and why I wanted to work at Gallagher. Immediately got invited to interview at office location. That interview took 90 minutes (30 min for each interviewer). All were easy to talk to and seemed very smart. One did not ask me a thing about my resume but rather hosted a conversation about the industry and asked me a few strange questions. Overall warm welcoming into the office and the people seemed like they would be great colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • What insurance company needed a gov't bailout in '08?
      Who was responsible for Target's credit card fraud incident?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Initial interview by phone, followed up by second interview which involved a presentation made from scratch.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Nothing much out of the ordinary, but it was kind of on the unprofessional side, with a lot of humor displayed by the interviewer, no eye contact, and it just seemed not to flow well. Possibly the interviewer lacked good interviewing skills. They were pretty laid back, which unfortunately made it a little unclear how you ranked in their process.

Account Manager Interview

Initial phone interview was very detailed, followed by 2 in person interviews. Very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • What research did you do on the company other than our website?   Answer Question

Senior Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in October 2013.

Received an email, did a 15 minute phone interview, then I was called in for a face-to-face interview. From application to being offered a position took about 1 month.pm

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I had diaries to complete & have to make a 8 hour drive trip to see a client, how would I juggle all of those tasks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Nice people. Everything went smooth. Had two one-on-one interviews within a week of each other. Simple interview questions. No behavioral questions asked. They seemed to appreciate me jumping in and telling them about myself rather than the traditional interview setting. In the 2nd interview, I was given a contingent offer as long a my background cleared. Background was complete the next business day. Received a call from HR with an offer 1 week after background cleared.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was What is your salary expectation?   View Answer
    I didnt negotiate. I accepted the 1st offer given.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in September 2013.

Months to hire, applied on indeed, received an email requesting a test two months later, got a call back for a phone interview another two months later, and then called back to set up an interview with the branch manager within that week. Had to take to online exam again as soon as I got to the interview then sat thru a bunch of questions regarding how I handle certain situation. Interview was approximately 2 hours long

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared. there are a lot of questions as to what you would do and why and tell me a time where you had to blank blank blank   Answer Question
    no negoitiation. firm salary with benefits offer was generous

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in August 2013.

I applied online and was contacted within a matter of days and scheduled an interview for the following week. Great employee moral from what I could see upon arrival. Very friendly during interview. Answered all questions very directly and were very forward thinking regarding next steps in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall questions that were particularly difficult or any that caught me off gaurd.   Answer Question