Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions in Itasca, IL

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2014.

The process was very simple and easy. I met them at a recruiting fair in the fall. We set up a campus interview for the following week. Then after that they got back to me and set up an interview at the headquarters in Itasca. That interview was rather hard because it was three hours long with 4 different sets of people. The best advice I could give is to speak intelligently and from the heart. Ask good follow up questions as well, but that can be said about any interview. The overall process was systematic and timely.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them just want to know what youre like and how you would fit in at the company. They asked a couple of specific sales questions such as "Sell me this water bottle"   View Answer

Network Operations Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Initial technical phone screening, where your strengths are (network or systems), previous experiences, what tools they use and whether you have used them and to what extent

In person interview with supervisors mirrored the phone interview a bit, in person also included meeting with the NOC manager, and Operations Director.

The manager interview was more so on the culture of the NOC group, where you see yourself, what can you bring to the group.

Interview with Director was refreshing for me since I have yet to interact with a Director- was able to get his experiences, and where he would like to see the group grow, what hurdles they have lept to get the NOC running.

Overall the interviewing was easy...if you have a grasp on basic networking, understanding of network components, servers/systems, and have work in an enterprise environment, have basic interpersonal skills you should be fine.

No negotiation phase other than start date, since this was a contract position, hourly wage was discussed before interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in May 2014.

I had 2 interviews at this company. It appeared to be a small subsidiary of a larger company which had a lot of promise. The interviews were short and rushed. The first interview was with the hiring manager which kept her word by getting back to me after the interview. The 2nd interview was first with the hiring manager and then with her boss. The 2nd interviewer was not to inviting and again the interview process was rushed. I was told that I would receive a response by the end of that week to no avail. 2 weeks later, I sent a follow up email and received no response and no regret letter. Very unprofessional.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in March 2014.

I experienced wonderful communication right off the bat from the hiring manager. I did a phone interview and was told the recruiting process up front with clear timelines. All ran smoothly and I was updated on progress as time passed until I was hired. The onboarding was painless and most done before you start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult and non responisve hring manager?   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiabtion. They gave me what I asked for but I was within reason.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Had a second phone interview with a manager in CA and two onsite interviews in Itasca. Followed up with recruiter #1 she said she was just in a teleconference with the hiring group and I would be receiving an offer. Two days later, I received a call to go in for another interview with the newly placed hiring manager. Had my interview with the hiring manager and she decided I didn't have the skill set she wanted. No offer. I passed up 2 other jobs while waiting on AJG to drag their feet for 2 months. Don't wait on these guys, they do not seem to know what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Only the Director asked behavioural questions.   Answer Question

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2012.

Interview process was very difficult. A really pushy assistant asked me irrelevant questions and made me feel very uncomfortable. Hiring director was great. Had good vision for the company's SharePoint environment. A lot of interviews turned into more interviews and then I got a call that the assistant didn't like my answers so they were passing on me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in August 2012.

A friend of a friend referred me to a vp of sales in the Benefit Services Department. He did a quick phone interview then set up an in person group interview. I was interviewed by him as well as two other team members.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2010.

Consists of a round of 4 half hour interviews with 2 employees. They will ask about your previous internships, interests and goals. Be able to describe your interest in sales, competitiveness, and personal drive.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

The hiring process can take anywhere from two weeks to a few months depending on the office location. The interview process is basic; they're going to ask you questions about your background, experience and goals which all seem to be standard.