Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
www.ajg.com Itasca, IL 5000+ Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process can take anywhere from two weeks to a few months depending on the office location. The interview process is basic; they're going to ask you questions about your background, experience and goals which all seem to be standard.

Intern Interview

Intern
Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

SharePoint Administrator
Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very difficult. A really pushy assistant asked me irrelevant questions and made me feel very uncomfortable. Hiring director was great. Had good vision for the company's SharePoint environment. A lot of interviews turned into more interviews and then I got a call that the assistant didn't like my answers so they were passing on me.

Interview Question – Asked me some difficult scenario questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Itasca, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Had a second phone interview with a manager in CA and two onsite interviews in Itasca. Followed up with recruiter #1 she said she was just in a teleconference with the hiring group and I would be receiving an offer. Two days later, I received a call to go in for another interview with the newly placed hiring manager. Had my interview with the hiring manager and she decided I didn't have the skill set she wanted. No offer. I passed up 2 other jobs while waiting on AJG to drag their feet for 2 months. Don't wait on these guys, they do not seem to know what they are doing.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Only the Director asked behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in August 2012.

Interview Details – A friend of a friend referred me to a vp of sales in the Benefit Services Department. He did a quick phone interview then set up an in person group interview. I was interviewed by him as well as two other team members.

Interview Question – What are your life goals?   Answer Question

Senior Software Programmer Interview

Senior Software Programmer
Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2008.

Interview Details – 6 month contract to hire

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Itasca, IL

Interview Details – Consists of a round of 4 half hour interviews with 2 employees. They will ask about your previous internships, interests and goals. Be able to describe your interest in sales, competitiveness, and personal drive.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Videos

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. – Why Work for Us?

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. began as a one-man agency in 1927 and has grown to become one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms with more than 12,500 employees globally… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. interview questions and advice in Itasca, IL. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. employees and interview candidates.