Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

www.ajg.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process can take anywhere from two weeks to a few months depending on the office location. The interview process is basic; they're going to ask you questions about your background, experience and goals which all seem to be standard.

Intern Interview

Intern
Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty smooth. I was contacted by the head recruiter to schedule an interview and the process was seamless from that point going forward. I had 3 interviews with 2 AJG employees in each interview. Following the interview, I was contacted within a week or so with notice that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate and they gave me a rather small amount of time to accept or decline the offer which I felt was overbearing for a decision carrying so much weight.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

SharePoint Administrator
Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very difficult. A really pushy assistant asked me irrelevant questions and made me feel very uncomfortable. Hiring director was great. Had good vision for the company's SharePoint environment. A lot of interviews turned into more interviews and then I got a call that the assistant didn't like my answers so they were passing on me.

Interview Question – Asked me some difficult scenario questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Itasca, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Had a second phone interview with a manager in CA and two onsite interviews in Itasca. Followed up with recruiter #1 she said she was just in a teleconference with the hiring group and I would be receiving an offer. Two days later, I received a call to go in for another interview with the newly placed hiring manager. Had my interview with the hiring manager and she decided I didn't have the skill set she wanted. No offer. I passed up 2 other jobs while waiting on AJG to drag their feet for 2 months. Don't wait on these guys, they do not seem to know what they are doing.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Only the Director asked behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in August 2012.

Interview Details – A friend of a friend referred me to a vp of sales in the Benefit Services Department. He did a quick phone interview then set up an in person group interview. I was interviewed by him as well as two other team members.

Interview Question – What are your life goals?   Answer Question

Senior Software Programmer Interview

Senior Software Programmer
Itasca, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in January 2008.

Interview Details – 6 month contract to hire

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Itasca, IL

Interview Details – Consists of a round of 4 half hour interviews with 2 employees. They will ask about your previous internships, interests and goals. Be able to describe your interest in sales, competitiveness, and personal drive.

Interview Questions

Worked for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.? Contribute to the Community!