Arthur Murray Dance Centers

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arthur Murray Dance Centers

Dance Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Centers in October 2014.

Interview

Took about 30 minutes. I met with the manager as well as the Owner. Over all, good interview experience, however it took forever to hear back from them afterward. I kept asking for updates and no one ever knew anything about the status of my interview. Took about 7-8 weeks to get an answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Centers (Portland, OR).

Interview

Fast, interviewed with manager, and started working almost immediately. Was able to negotiate working 4 days/week. Much of the early training is unpaid, but there is value in what you gain in dance and sales knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation room on pay, but was able to negotiate a 4 day work week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Centers (Denver, CO).

Interview

I responded to an ad on Craigslist, was called a few days later for an interview. There was a brief introduction & then everyone who showed up participated in a mock group class, very basic, just to make sure we could move around. After that there were brief one on one interviews with the manager, probably 5 minutes a piece, typical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone is paid the same

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Centers (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There are two interviews with management and then they put you through a three day training course to evaluate how you react when learning new material. If chosen, you are entered into a training class where they teach you ten dances. It's generally about two months before you fully come on staff.

Interview Questions

• They show you a dance step and then ask how you would teach it.   Answer Question

Dance Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arthur Murray Dance Centers.

Interview

I called and got the interview they put me thru a trial period and then offered me the job. The interview was quite laid back. The main thing is having the right look. They want good energy and an outgoing personality.

Interview Questions

• I am not particular sure. It was quite a simple interview and came naturally because I come from a dance background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The owner came up to me asked what I was making at my other job and that he would match it. I told him and he did.